nine

be sure to vote and comment!

"you're gonna get arthritis." corpse said over the facetime call as he sat and watched august cracked her knuckles for the sixth time in the last 4 minutes.

"i play video games for a living, i already will." august said under her voice as she anxiously stared at her makeup, not knowing where to start.

"so he's gonna pick you up and you are going straight to the wedding? don't you think he should maybe get you early so you guys have time to properly meet? and just talk?" corpse was always a voice of reason to august, and right now she really didn't want to hear it.

"no, i've already thought this out. he gets me with just enough time to get to the venue, i play music and debrief him on the way there so theres no room for him to talk, and once we get there i just continuously change the subject if he tries bringing up anything deep or about our past or anything. easy."

she looked up at her phone to see corpse with his hand over his mouth to muffle a laugh.

"what's funny?"

"oh nothing. its a good idea. sounds like a great time. wish it was me." sarcasm laced his voice as he attempted to keep any giggles to himself.

august ignored him, although she knew her plan wasn't very realistic. she focused on her makeup to try and take her attention off of the fact that she was freaking out. corpse was the only person online who knew what she looked like, which was difficult enough. now she was gonna have to let someone else into that reality.

sapnap nick
15 minutes out :)

"i don't think i can do this." august said as she dropped her head into her hands.

"hey, don't do that. you've got this. you were just as close with him as you are with me. its just like meeting me again, and you survived that."

"this is different. we had something between us. what if i'm not what he expected?" august immediately turned to look at mirror and looking over her makeup. if she would have known the insecurities that came with being faceless on the internet, she probably would have never done it.

"you're beautiful, august. you would exceed anyone's expectations. if he didn't think you're beautiful then he's crazy. you don't need to stress. and ya know what? if you survive tonight i'll come visit."

august's demeanor immediately changed from being a nervous wreck to having a shocking excitement.

"seriously? you'll come see me?"

"yes, you nerd. now go make sapnap regret ever being an idiot." and with that corpse hung up, leaving august alone to finish getting ready.

sitting on her bed was a short black dress that had been sitting in her closet for months, yet to be worn. she decided to quit stalling and she changed into the dress. once it was on and she slipped on her heels, she took herself in while looking in the mirror. as her hands slid down her side, she couldn't figure out if she felt beautiful because of the words corpse spoke or because she was having a spurt of confidence. in the middle of her admiring herself, she was shook back into reality by a knock on her door.

"you've got this." she whispered to herself before forcing herself to strut out of her room to build up confidence.

she quickly shut down the taunt of her front door by wrapping her hand around the knob and opening it without a second thought.

without the safety guard of the internet and no cameras that she relied on for so long, august now stood face to face with nick. he looked different than online, which may have just been because he was now standing in a suit with his hair fixed up, but august thought it was because had such a present glow to him that didn't show up through a computer screen. she was left speechless, not knowing how to feel about this moment.

"hey augy." nick exhaled, allowing a huge smile on his face.

"hi nicky." she used a bit of the confidence she reserved to hug the boy in front of her.

he happily pulled her in tight. his thoughts were moving so quick he couldn't catch a single one to figure out what he was thinking. as he hugged her he found himself somewhat overwhelmed, not believing this moment was real.

"i'm sorry, i just need a moment." he said pulling away from the hug to take in the girl standing in front of him.

august shyly interlocked her fingers behind her back and looked at him a bit confused.

"you're just so pretty." he said with a high pitched giggle, cringing at himself for how giddy he was in the moment.

"thanks," she said grinning, melting on the inside. "we should probably get going."

"of course, here let me get your door." as she shut her front door he quickly ran over to his car to open the passenger door.

august could feel panic beginning to set in. this was happening so fast. in the span of two minutes nick had seen her face, hugged her, called her pretty, and went and opened her door for her. this wasn't how things were supposed to be. this should have happened almost a year ago when things were good and there was a certain level of unspoken skinny love between the two. now wasn't the time. not after months of august forcing herself to fall out of the feelings she had fell so deeply into.

"you ready?" he brought her out of her jumbled thoughts with his simple question as he nonchalantly attempted to take in every detail of his passenger, knowing that if he were to make a big deal of it that she would feel awkward.

"i sort of have to be." august responded, to which nick nodded and put his car in gear to begin the drive to the wedding venue.