seven

august | @ augusttweets
having to cancel todays stream because im not feeling well. im sorry but promise ill reschedule

august sat in bed, reaching for yet another tissue but was met with an empty box.

"here you go, babe." with perfect timing, her mother came in with a new, full box of tissues.

"thank you. you know, you don't have to watch me. i'm alright." august sniffled before blowing her nose.

"hadden, i'm your mom. i'm gonna take care of you."she sat on the end of her bed and her daughter let out a sigh of relief.

she loved streaming life. her audience, her friends, all of it. but it was exhausting to be "august" sometimes. sometimes, all she wanted to be was "hadden".

august was on a schedule. august was a reliable source of funny and entertaining moments. august was there for everyone.

but hadden was just, well, hadden. hadden was able to just be someone's daughter. hadden was able to just be a person. hadden was able to live without thousands of eyes and expectations following her.

and in her sick state, she was thankful she could be hadden and not august.

sapnap nick
hey augy, i saw your tweet. you doing okay?

august
im okay. just dying
jk just got a pretty bad head cold

sapnap nick
well dang:/
im really sorry, if you need anything pls let me know

"we've gotta get you better before next weekend." her mom said as she picked up the remote to flip through netflix.

"what's next weekend?" hadden didn't know if she genuinely didn't remember or if she forgot the plans in the fog of her sickness.

"maisy's wedding."

and all of a sudden hadden wished that her head cold would last until the next weekend. maisy was her cousin who always strived to compensate for their only one month age difference with hitting more accomplishments and milestones before hadden could. she flaunted all of her college acceptance letters, knowing hadden only planned on going to a two year school. she insisted on having the whole family over for a house warming party at her new apartment she moved into as she started college.

the most frustrating brag that maisy threw around always had to do with boys. at the age of 13, maisy told hadden that she better get a boyfriend like she did or else she would be single forever. maisy consistently had a boyfriend, but it was never the same one for long. that was until she met her fiancé, matthias. matthias came from a family of money and didn't have too much of a backbone, so maisy was quick to claim him and start pointing him in the direction of wedding rings early on. within 6 months she had her ring and future secured.

while hadden didn't let people get to her, maisy had a special quality that drove her to insanity. the constant competition in their relationship gave hadden the longing to finally hold a victory.

she couldn't stand another "loss" in maisy's eyes, so that evening after her mother left, she called the first person she could think of.

"will you please come to texas next weekend to go to a wedding with me?" august pleaded on the phone.

"i'd absolutely love to, actually i probably wouldn't love to, but that's the weekend that karl is flying in to stay with me," corpse responded. "why do you need a date? i thought you were miss independent?"

"it's a long story, i just don't think i can survive if i go solo. i don't know what to do. i can't get out of going and i don't have anyone i could bring." august said defeated.

"i can think of someone." she could sense corpse's smirk when he said this.

"who?" she asked hesitantly.

"ohh, who knows? i just have a vague memory of you telling me that someone will be in texas that weekend and wanted to see you anyways. someone who would absolutely be your wedding date."

"you can't be serious."

"oh, come on. weigh your options of pride of showing up solo or pride of not wanting to ask a favor of him. i'll leave you to decided, i've gotta get going. bye august, love you." corpse said, knowing he said what she needed, but not what she wanted to hear.

"you suck. love you." august groaned as she hung up.

august sat staring at her phone, weighing her options.

august
i actually do need something

sapnap nick
anything