twenty five

"august! august! august!" the chant was loud in august's ears as she chugged her third drink of the night, not including the starting two shots she had.

hadden had started the night with so much fear of meeting these big name creators she had looked up to, so she decided she couldn't show up as hadden. a bit of liquid courage and she was able to take on the night as confident august.

"do another!" nick yelled with slurred words.

"or don't." karl giggled being one of the few sober people around.

"august!" she quickly turned around to see where the voice came from.

"tina! my best friend." august wrapped her arms around tina in a huge hug and held her tight.

"woah, someone's having fun." tina laughed as she noticed her friend stumble.

"of course i am. i'm not nervous at all." a small hiccup escaped her mouth at that moment.

at that moment august's attention was caught by a lizzo song playing, but she didn't have the sobriety to remember the name. 

"sap, come dance with me." she grabbed nick's arm and led him over to wear a bunch of other creators were dancing.

she held his hand while she jumped around dancing, and all he could do was stare at her with a big goofy grin.

"dance." she whined.

"i don't think i could stand up straight." he giggled.

"you're really pretty." august placed her hands on both of his cheeks, squeezing his face.

"your really pretty, hadden."

"don't call me that. i'm not her right now." she continued to feel out his facial features.

"why aren't you? i like hadden."

august dropped her hands to her side and groaned. she momentarily lost balance and nick had to quickly grab her to keep her from falling.

"hadden is boring. and shy. and not confident. but august isn't," she explained as though it were obvious. "we should go back to the hotel."

"why? are you not having fun?" nick was a bit more in touch with his senses than august was at this moment.

"i am but i also really wanna go make out with you right now." already having a slightly taller than usual height due to her platform converse, august stood on her tippy toes to kiss nick's cheek.

"i think we're both really drunk." nick laughed.

"that's okay."

"august! i have some friends that you haven't met yet!" karl shouted over the music as he approached the two.

august turned around to see niki and phil waving and walking over. august greeted them as she had everyone that night. she loved getting to meet everyone but in this moment all she wanted to get to know was nick.

"sappp." august grabbed his hand and led him towards the exit. "i wanna go."

"let me call an uber."

it didn't take long for the uber to arrive and take them back to their hotel. it was late enough that the lobby was closed off to nonguests so fans weren't something to worry about.

like the gentleman he was, nick walked august to her room. bur without notice, august pulled him inside with her.

"truth or dare." august giggled.

"what are you? twelve?" nick laughed at her.

"answer the question, sap."

"dare."

"i dare you to kiss me."

"you'd like that, wouldn't you?" nick said smugly as august leaned up to close the gap between them.

their drunken kisses were strangely synchronized. she could feel the heat radiating from his face she she kept leaning in until he was laid on his back.

august was well aware of her non sober state and prayed she would remember this moment. the moment she said 'screw it'. the moment she had waited for, for so long.

his hands slowly traced her hips as she hovered over him.

"you're so beautiful hadden," he mumbled into her lips. "so perfect."

hadden took off his stupid hat that he for some reason still wearing and began twisting her fingers in his hair. nick broke their kiss for just a moment and looked at her with the widest pupils she had ever seen.

"i- i don't wanna do too much. not when we're both drunk. i don't want you doing something you'll regret or can't really consent to." his eyes flickered between her facial features in admiration.

"okay," she whispered as she gave him one last kiss before getting off of him.

"i wish i was sober." she sadly admitted.

"me too," he whispered. "why don't you get some sleep? you're gonna feel terrible in the morning."

hadden just sleepily nodded. she curled up on her bed as nick lifted the blankets over her body. he took one last glance at her peaceful body before turning off the lamp and leaving her for the night.