Chapter 13

♪♡・

♪♡・

Lisa nervously stared at the changing numbers of the floor that showed on the elevator monitor. Her palms felt a little sweaty as she wondered about every possible dangerous situation she could get herself in, in that apartment they were heading to.

First of all, there was no guarantee, Jungkook wasn't a wolf in sheep's clothing. And staring at his well built physic, of course she would have no chance in defense if he tried to force himself on her.

Lisa felt her head hurt again thinking all these. She actually wanted to trust Jungkook, however she only knew him for a few hours to do so. Moreover he was a man, and she was a woman, lawfully his woman. Even if he forced himself on her and she filed a case against him, there was a very little possibility that the society would accept a husband taking his right as a crime. All she needed right now was the marriage agreement that he promised to give her as soon as possible. With that as a shield, things should be safer.  

"Lisa." She slightly flinched as Jungkook who was leaning against the opposite side suddenly called her out. His voice as steady as ever, that made her nervous for no reason.

It took her a moment to reply as she came out from her train of thoughts, "Yes?" 

"Why do you have such a look on your face?"

"Huh? What look?"

"Like you are a sacrificial lamb."

Lisa was out of words for a while. Was she really that obvious or Jungkook usually had sharp eyes? 

She cleared her throat and gave him a look as if he was the most ridiculous person in this planet. "I'm not." She answered calmly, not wanting to reveal her real thoughts to him.

Jungkook gave her a meaningful look as he stared at her with his dark brown orbs. 

"What?"

"I told you before, I'm not a man like that. I don't see any muscularity in forcing myself on a woman, specially when she's my wife." 

Lisa clutched the side of her dress rather forcefully. She didn't dare look into his eyes. Those eyes were like a bottomless abyss, she would lose herself each and every time in them.

"I have no such thoughts, it's you who's exaggerating." She spoke as she looked ahead. 

Jungkook stared at her through the elevator  mirror with a relaxed yet unusual smile. And Lisa felt like he was kind of mocking her. She raised one eyebrow at him through the mirror and just as she was going to shoot some sour words at him the elevator made a 'ding' sound. Alarming them that they had reached their destined floor.

Jungkook straightened his posture, "We're here." He walked out of the elevator calmly and Lisa naturally followed him from behind.

The building where Jungkook lived was with no doubt glamorous and screamed money. Well of course, he's the Jeon Jungkook after all.