Chapter 21

♪♡・

♪♡・

Jungkook had been working non-stop since the morning, in order to clear his quite blurry head but nothing really helped him escape his thoughts. He knew the game he had started could end up pretty bad if he didn't control himself that he had no trouble doing so until a certain brunette happened.

He knew the consequences emotions usually brought to life and he had enough on his plate already to add something more.

Lisa was a wonderful woman. She loved her work and was best at what she did. She cared for children, respected elders and loved her friends. She was everything Jungkook never thought he could be and it bothered him in the guts to know he was ruining her time. She might have had dreams about her marriage. Not like the one she got. A real one. With a perfect husband that he was nowhere near.

Jungkook leaned against his seat and rubbed his forehead. He had no idea what was exactly wrong with him today but for a fact he knew everything was so perfect with Lisa around at the moment that he almost loved it and it scared the shit out of him.

His gaze wandered towards his desk and there he found a photo of him and Lisa, awkwardly stuffed together in the frame but still somehow both had a peaceful expression and carefreeness in the eyes. He remembered it was the first office party he had brought Lisa to. Everyone loved her. He could not keep her in his arms because men would ask for a dance and women would drag her around to talk and stuff. She was that perfect. It did something in him to watch her sway in other men's arms even if he knew it was nothing more than a friendly gesture. But Lisa's searching eyes that were on him only had stopped him from rushing towards her to keep her only to himself. And then his senior business partner Mr. Wong forced every couple there to take a photo and gifted it to them later. Jungkook had no idea why a formal party had turned to a such friendly get together but seeing Lisa enjoy it he was okay with anything.

Mr. Wong had delivered this photo here in Jungkook's office with a note that said, your wife is a real sunshine, cherish her.

Jungkook didn't even know why he kept the frame there, instead of anywhere else. He had his arms wrapped around Lisa in the picture and she half leaned against his chest with her hands quite awkwardly resting on his arms that covered her whole stomach. Mrs. Wong insisted the pose. They had no other choice. But Jungkook loved the picture. And he had no freaking idea why.

He was going to lose his mind pretty soon. He could see it.

It had been seven months and Lisa was there everywhere in his life. He could smell her scent everywhere even if she was not there. With every day the ring on his ring finger felt more heavy like there was more to it than he could ever allow himself to settle for.

And that was the point. Lisa was not a settlement, she was a fucking want. Need even and Jungkook didn't know how to handle that.

Maybe it was the physical attraction? The way he couldn't keep his hands to himself when they were out anywhere as an excuse of public display of affection to make their play believable. Or when he wanted to kiss that tender mole on her neck like for the hundredth times. Or when he wanted to bury his head in her hair even if he knew he should never even fucking touch her. But his body reacted on his own and he wanted to die out of frustration.

He knew he should never cross the line. But every night sleeping beside her, watching her brown smooth hair all over his pillow. Her lips slightly apart and the way she snuggled against him in sleep, Jungkook had troubles keeping his sanity. He had lost counts of the number of cold showers he had taken over the month in the middle of a night while Lisa remained oblivious. He was a man, and she was woman. A gorgeous one to be exact and his wife. It was only fair.

He just did not know how long he would be able to be in charge of the situation. He would hate himself if he did anything out of control just as much as Lisa would hate him.

Just as he was lost in his train of thoughts, he heard a knock on his door. Sobering up a bit. Jungkook cleared his throat and asked whoever it was to come in.

Secretary Jaehyun walked through the door seconds later. Continuously refreshing Jungkook's schedule on his i pad.

"Mr. Jeon." He nodded towards him. Jungkook indicated him to keep going. Knowing Jaehyun was a man of works only, what ever he would say would be important. 

"You have a visitor at the moment who is quite persistent and not scheduled. You have a meeting in 30 minutes so I was wanting to know whether you would consider it or not."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. Not remembering he was supposed to meet anyone.

"Who is it?"

"Uh..Ms. Myoi. She's at the lobby, waiting for an answer."

Jungkook was lost at words for a moment before regaining his senses. Mina? Why her? Why now? He had not heard about her since the wedding. Not that he wanted to. He had no reason.

"Let her in."

Sure, he was suspicious. But he also wanted the answers he never got. 

"Yes, Mr. Jeon."

Jaehyun left just as swiftly as he came in. And after what felt like other five minutes, Jungkook heard another knocking. Knowing who it was. He was prepared.

"Come in."

Soon, Mina walked through in calm steps. She stilled looked the same. Head to toe graceful. Her eyes peaceful. And she gave out nothing to bare eyes. She walked till she was in front of Jungkook's desk and smiled at him. Her kind of friendly smile that always left Jungkook wonder whether she was always this flawless or pretending was a hobby.

"Good to see you again, Jungkook ssi." She greeted. Jungkook watched her with calculating gaze before offering her to sit down.

"May I ask why are you here Ms. Myoi?" He cut the nonsense short and straight went to business.

Mina gave a helpless smile in return, "Can you not? The Myoi thing suffocates me. And your secretary did a great job at that already."

Jungkook arched an eyebrow. Silently asking her to continue.

"Look Jungkook, I know what I did was wrong. But I do not regret my decisions even a bit." Jungkook knew that already.

"I would have regretted this marriage instead, all my life. No offense to you. Just.. not the kind of life I have planned for myself." She helplessly shrugged. "And Bambam, of course he is the man I love. My father, well he never really valued anything more than money and power. You could bring him both. But I did not want that. I never would. Maybe somewhere he is still my father who is just oblivious to the fact where my happiness truly lies, but guess one day he will come around." She smiled sadly.

Jungkook knew what that felt like. Both his parents valued money and success over him. And to be frank, he had no complains to Mina either way or anything at all. He did not want the marriage himself and he knew Mina knew it too. It was quite obvious. If anything, he was grateful to her. Because if not because of what she did, Lisa would have never been in the picture. He wasn't sure he was up for that. Imaging Lisa anywhere but at his home, their home, was quite impossible for Jungkook.

"I just wanted to apologize properly. I feel guilty for everything. I know what this mattered to your grandparents. They are nice people." She paused. Looking at the frame on his desk with a tender smile. "But, I can see you are quite happy with Ms. Manoban as they name her on the TV. You don't know how relived I felt Jungkook. I've been so happy for you guys after finding out the news. She is beautiful and perfect for you."

Jungkook followed her gaze and there he found Lisa again. She was everywhere yet again.

"What makes you say so?" He found himself asking unconsciously. Wanting to know something even he had no idea about.

Mina laughed a little. "The look says it Jungkook. You look at her like she... settles you. Like you belong there where she is. Trust me I never thought you were capable of such emotions but guess love changes you."

And right there, Jungkook knew he was doomed.  

Okay just kill me. I accept death gadly :)