Chapter 22

♪♡・

♪♡・

It was weekend. Roseanne had gone back to her hometown. And Lisa had nothing to do other than play around with the neighbor's golden retriever named Ollie.

Jungkook should have been home but he was not. He did not even come home last night. Only informing over a text that he was going to stay at the office because of work load and may return late the day after.

Lisa would be lying if she said she was not disappointed. They had built a routine over the months. Every weekend they would spend time together doing anything, or nothing at all, but together. But now he was not here even though he was supposed to be and he didn't even call. A fucking text of two sentences was all what she got.

Lisa knew she was habituated to Jungkook's existence around. She got a friend him in that she never thought was possible. He would cook if she worked till late hours, would call her parents three or two times a week just to talk like they were his own and he just did everything so right it was impossible to not adore him.

Lisa also grew closer with his grandparents. She still remembered the first dinner her parents and Jungkook's grandparents had together. She thought it would be very difficult to blend two couples who were socially, financially and mentally so apart. But they got very close just on the first meeting. Everything felt like a dream. A dream Jungkook gifted her. Everything was so perfect Lisa was almost afraid it would end, that it eventually would but she was not sure she was ready for that yet.

Just as Lisa was lost in thoughts, the mentioned dog Ollie snuggled against her. She felt the adorable dog's soft fur against her skin that almost ticked and giggled. Ollie loved Lisa so much. He would always run to her whenever she was near and lick her all over the face. And Lisa loved him just as much.

Jungkook was very shocked when one day he came home and saw Lisa snuggled up on his couch with a golden retriever. Saying he would file a divorce this instead if she had brought a dog in his household because he hated them.

Lisa had laughed and explained that, the dog was the couple's who lived under them. They had gone out and asked Lisa if she could take care of Ollie for a few hours. And Lisa loved dogs so she naturally agreed.

Later she had forced Jungkook many times to pet Ollie and play with him. Eventually under her persistent forcing Jungkook came to love him too.

Today happened the same. The couple went out to enjoy their weekend and Lisa proposed if she could have Ollie to herself since she was alone anyway. They agreed and thus she managed a partner since her actual one decided to ditch her.

It was almost 8 in the evening and Lisa and Ollie had spent the whole day eating, watching movie together, snuggling on the couch and reading books with Ollie lying on Lisa's lap. Dogs were wonderful creature, never made you feel alone.

Lisa checked her phone more than a healthy amount of times from the morning. Craving for a text or a call or anything. But that ever came. Her fingers lingered over Jungkook's contacts many time but she did not call. Not wanting to disturb his work that he left her for. And call her petty but should not it be the guy to call first in situations like these?

Lisa blinked as the thought crossed her mind. Was she actually acting like a wife who was mad at her husband? This... should not be like this. Jungkook already gave her so much more than they agreed on and here she was still so greedy.

Lisa hugged Ollie closer to her, wanting the confusing feeling to go away. Jungkook and she were fine just the way they were. Any extra relying would only hurt her later. Jungkook was very clear from the beginning that the whole contract was made for a reason and she would be a fool to think otherwise.

Just as she was thinking, she heard a click, knowing the front door was opening. And the only person who could do that except her was Jungkook. Lisa glanced towards the digital clock and saw it was eight thirty. Turning the muted TV off, she got off from the couch, again forgetting her slippers as she hurried her steps, rushing towards the entrance as calmly as it was possible. Not wanting Jungkook to know how excited she actually was to see him. Not that she herself had an idea why she was so excited to see him anyway.

And there he was. Getting his own pair of slippers out from the cabinet. His chestnut soft hair fallen all over his forehead that Lisa very much wanted to fix for him. The usual tie around his neck was gone as the first three buttons of his white dress shirt were carelessly undone. Lisa assumed he dropped it somewhere at the office out of habit. His black blazer was placed on his arm and he still looked so ridiculously handsome it was maddening.

Jungkook was clearly tired, it was written all over his face but that did not make his presence any less intimating than Lisa remembered it was at the first day. He had that stuff in his blood, she thought.

Lisa had no idea why but she held her breath as she waited for him to look at her. Completely forgetting the golden retriever that played around her feet. And like a damn movie scene--in a sickeningly slow motion--she hallucinated, Jungkook finally looked at her. She felt him drink her in as his dark eyes roamed over her face and Lisa felt her knees go a little weak.

Her body was being a damn bitch today.

Lisa smiled at him and leaned against the wall a little, worried her legs would give out anytime. "You are here," she voiced, heart beating in an unhealthy pace.

Jungkook for a second said nothing, only looked at her. Looked at her in way that she felt like he was just as happy to see her as she was to see him. And like she really hallucinated, that tender expression swept away from his face in a second as a much composed one took over and Lisa shook herself a bit to get a grip.

Geez woman! Stop!

"I am." He walked over to her. Bent down to her feet level and petted Ollie in a loving way. And only then she came to remember the dog. She was really doomed, wasn't she?

Jungkook tapped on her cold feet once before getting up, "Slippers, Lisa. Again." He sighed and Lisa looked down in embarrassment. She had forgotten them because of him anyway but she couldn't possibly tell him that.

Jungkook sighed and placed a hand on the small of her back but retreated his hand just as quickly as it touched her, as if realizing something. Lisa noticed the small gesture and frowned slightly however said nothing. He silently leaded her back in the living room until she reached her slippers and wore them. 

"I'll get freshen up." He drew his hair back and placed the blazer on the couch. 

"Oh okay. The dinner-" Lisa moved towards the kitchen while talking however was interrupted.

"No need, I already ate out. I just.. want to sleep." Jungkook stated.

She paused in her steps and looked at him. Jungkook however avoided her eyes. Looking at anywhere but her. Lisa knew Jungkook hated eating out. He would get stomach ache by just anything light from outside so eating dinner was an end case. However today was an exception as she could see. 

Lisa watched him for a few seconds before offering, "Then I'll give a cup of warm milk. Or your stomach ache-"

"I said I want to sleep, Lisa. No need for anything." He turned, his back towards her as he said the last few words. Climbing up the stairs silently. Lisa watched his retreating back before he completely disappeared from her sight. Whispering an almost inaudible good night just as she heard the bedroom door close, knowing very well something was wrong. Exactly what, she had no idea.

Hi yall :)