Chapter 20

♪♡・

The temperature had started dropping a little by the end of October. The winter morning's first sunlight dropped on her face from the half parted curtains as Lisa snuggled against the pillow to get in a comfortable position. However, a faint sound of a voice made her eyebrows slightly twitch.

Half-heartedly, she softly opened her eyes and tried to find the source of the disturbance. The first sight that caught her eyes was a struggling Jungkook, who very much was trying to fix his necktie with a tutorial ongoing on his phone. With a yawn, Lisa turned to get her own phone to check the time and it was barely even 8 in the morning.

Knowing she would not be able to sleep again, Lisa gradually sat up. Her movements caught Jungkook's attention. He turned towards her with a smile, his hands still busy with his quite messed up necktie. "Good morning, did I wake you up? You can still go back to sleep if you want to. It's quite early."

Lisa rubbed her sleepy eyes, shaking her hand as a no while doing so, "Morning. And no, it's fine." When she felt clear-headed she asked, "What are you doing?"

"Oh.. well, I have an early morning meeting so I'll be going first. Miss Yoona took a day off today, her son has a function in his school so I prepared some breakfast for us. Just heat it up before having it." Jungkook swiftly explained and Lisa nodded.

Her eyes driving towards the mess he created around his neck, she had to bite her lips to stop a smile. Fixing her hair into a high messy bun Lisa got off the bed. "Need some help with that?" Jungkook's eyes caught her approaching while pointing at his necktie and he felt his ears turn a little warm in embarrassment. He, a little reluctantly nodded, knowing very well he would not be able to do that by himself. Usually, Miss Yoona used to help him with the necktie but since the older mother figure was not around Jungkook had no option but to struggle by himself. But if Lisa could help this time, who was he to refuse.

"You know how to do it?" Jungkook still asked. Wanting to know if there was someone she used to help before he came into her life. Was he jealous or was he being protective? It was ridiculous and he knew it. But with Lisa around, he almost wanted to give the word sense a break.

She nodded at his question, "Yes, my dad also doesn't know how to do it. I used to help him."

Relief was an understatement for what Jungkook felt and he was done with himself for that. What are you even getting so worked up about in the first place?!

Lisa with an almost teasing smile stood in front of him. Her hands moving to untie the knots he created carefully. Lisa was not short. With a frame of 1.67 m, she was quite tall as a woman however, barefoot she only reached to his shoulders, still one head smaller than him. Jungkook's whole body radiated a smell of his somewhat spicy fresh body wash confirming that he had showered not so while ago, making Lisa unknowingly hold her breath. His shiny brown hair fell all over his forehead. And Lisa had the urge to fix them for him.