⧗ 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔜 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢 ❘ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢs

"I said we needed a jet,"

The quartet left the car on the side of the highway and headed towards a meadow clearing, not far away. Rick Morison, Natasha's agent was waiting for them as he stepped out of a retro version of a helicopter.

"Yeah, you know what you didn't give me? Time," Rick stated, "Or money. I'm not made of jets."

Nathan was messing around with Y/N's glasses, trying to access the files. Not because he actually wanted them, but simply to annoy his sister. 

He slipped on the glasses, pushing them up the bridge of his nose.

"Stand by for retinal and biometric scan,"  DAVID stated, "Access denied,"

"Ah, dang it!" Nathan stomped his feet on the grass. He looked around for his sister, but then caught Yelena smile in a dazed manner at Y/N's back, dipping her head down in shyness.

"You still like my dumbass sister!" Nathan grinned at her, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Pfft ," Yelena scoffed, all the traces of nervousness and shyness diffused immediately, "No,"

"Lies," he said in a sing-song manner, earning himself a slap on the back of his head from her.

"Shut it," she elbowed his side with a scowl.

"No," he stuck his tongue out at her in a playful manner.

"He's still the same," Yelena stared at him as she spoke aloud, enough for the two Avengers to hear, "Hasn't changed one bit,"

"I'm surprised you're surprised," Y/N glanced at her over a shoulder.

Yelena scanned the condition of the retro helicopter, glancing at the agent, "I thought you were supposed to be the best. Like a real pro."

"Oh, I beg your pardon, tsarina. Was the free flat and lifetime supply of kissel not your liking?" Rick retorted sarcastically.

"Ha!" she gave a dry laugh in reply.

"Don't let her wind you up," Natasha spoke as she walked towards the tail of the vehicle.

"No, I take exception to impugning my professionalism," Rick continued.

"Well, you did set me up with a generator that crapped out after six hours."

Rick scoffed with a roll of his eyes.

"Aw," Y/N cooed in a teasing manner, "You're sensitive."

"I see why you keep him around," Yelena added.

"You, too, huh? Tag team," Rick pointed at Y/N and then at the two sisters.

Nathan payed no mind to this conversation and continued looking around the helicopter, inspecting it.

"Where's the rest?" Natasha asked.

Rick pulled out a brown bag from the inside of the helicopter and placed it on the grass, opening it up to show it to the three women, "Voilà."

"Ooh," Yelena spotted a granola bar from the inside of the bag and took it out.

"Oh, we stashed that, like, five years ago," Y/N informed her.

But she took a bite out of it anyway, and Nathan looked at her with a concerned look.

"How's it?" Natasha questioned.

"It's dry," she continued to chew, and handed the rest to Nathan, "It's really dry," she followed Nathan and climbed up into the helicopter.

Natasha pulled out a white suit, feeling it between her hands as Y/N did the same.

"You know, you're both getting dangerously close to running out your tab," Rick informed the two, "Supplies I can tally, but you bring me attention from the authorities, all my prices go up."

Natasha turned to him with a questioning gaze, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're mate, Secretary Ross,"

"Ugh," Y/N rolled her eyes at the mere mention of his name.

"—Has been sniffing around my affairs to the point which I've got contacts declining my calls. I'm a private contractor."

"You are sensitive," Natasha nodded in thought.

"And you're a couple of very annoying individuals," he responded in childish anger.

"Speaking of," Y/N turned to him, one leg propped on the bar of the helicopter to climb onto it, "How're the Enhanced Trinity and Elizabeth?" Enhanced Trinity was the name that HYDRA had used to label Asher, Nico, and Kathleen as a group. Y/N used it with a few people to maintain the confidentiality of their presence.

"Oh, so far, so good," Rick informed, "Pierce Jr. is going through physiotherapy now,"

She nodded in acknowledgement, climbing into the helicopter.

 Natasha picked up the bag followed her, getting into the vehicle, "I'll make it up to you,"

"That's what you always say," he stepped towards the helicopter, "You two are reckless," he added to the two Avengers, grabbing the handle of the door to close it, "Chaotic, even."

☆°。• *₊°。✮。• *₊°。°☆

Nathan was lying on his back on the berth in the helicopter as Yelena piloted it. Y/N and Natasha had gone to change into the white combat suits.

"Get up, idiot," Natasha patted his shoulder, urging him to sit.

"Ugh," he rolled over to his side, using one of his hand to push him up, "Can't a guy sleep in peace?"

"You, Mr. Sokolov, have the most important part of the job," Y/N stated dramatically, stuffing a black men's uniform and cap of a prison guard into his hands.

Nathan's eyes widened in realisation, "Oh, no, you're not," he trailed off hollowly.

"Oh, yes, we are," Yelena mimicked his tone with a teasing smirk, veering the helicopter in the air.

☆°。• *₊°。✮。• *₊°。°☆