SIXTEEN

"So, you are familiar with Hae," Bada began, folding her hands against the table and leaning closer. Her smirk had been wiped off after a while and her expression had returned to its usual serious one, although she could tell her colleagues had not been put at ease. Her earlier outburst had been enough to make them appear on edge, uncertain in her intentions for a moment. But Bada was playing, taking her time. She rather liked interrogating people. It rarely ever didn't go her way. "How did you meet my sister?"

"You can try your little tricks on me, they will do nothing."

"Will they really do nothing?" she retorted with a raised eyebrow. "When was the last time she compelled you?" His eyes narrowed, he kept quiet. She continued. "Our compels don't last for all eternity, you know. The most it can last is a day. And when it wears off, you can be compelled still."

Goyle remained mute. Bada's intensity didn't lessen. 

"Were you and Hae expecting us to go to you?" 

It was a compel, there was no doubt, even though her tone remained calm. Her gaze had grown more intense, and Goyle's lips opened and closed in an attempt to keep himself from talking but it was futile. 

"No."

"Good," she mused, "when's your next meeting point?"

This time the compel was so strong he didn't even have the chance to resist before he was answering. "She decides when a while before it happens."

Bada hummed, briefly looked up to meet Harry's gaze before she turned back to Goyle. "So Hae doesn't know you are here and you have no way of letting her know of your predicament. Do you know what that means?" She paused but it was clear she wasn't expecting him to reply. "We can leave you here for as long as we want. No one is going to come and save you. You can talk now or we may leave and come back tomorrow, when the compelling has worn off and you will tell all your secrets anyway. So, which way will it be?"

"She's going to find you-"

"Better not waste our time," she cut him off, her eyes narrowed. "When were you compelled the last time?"

Goyle's face turned scarlet in an effort to keep himself from talking but it didn't work, the words leaving him in a rush, "Two days ago."

Bada's face scrunched up into a victorious grin. "Great. We got you just at the right time."

"He's going to talk anyway," Theodore spoke from her back, to which she hummed, agreeing at once.

"I know. I don't plan on leaving him a choice. Did Hae get you out of the hospital?"

He gritted out his answer, "Yes."

"She used Polyjuice Potion to take the form of Healer Patel and then asked for her leave, planted false memories in her so she thought she was supposed to be on vacation?"

"Yes."

"I thought so," she admitted, glancing up at Harry to see his lips were turned into a frown. "Where's the Healer now? Safe?"

"I don't know, safe, yeah," Goyle replied, his lips permanently forming a scowl. "You are such a bitch."

Bada hummed, unfazed. "Tell us everything. From the beginning."

"Your sister came to me as a visitor in the hospital," Goyle started to speak, his gaze falling on the table as the words left him involuntarily. "She told me about you. You killed a person and she wanted revenge and my help to expose you. I agreed. We found people, witches and wizards, around the age of the one you killed. They lived alone and were easy targets, had a routine we could follow. We got in the house, let them catch sight of us for a moment and after they called for the alarm, she compelled them to take a kitchen knife, take one of the sea shells and put it in their pocket. Then she asked them to kill themselves. Once it was done, we left."