TWENTY-ONE

Bada headed to the office the next day just to describe what had happened during her confrontation with Hae and then she asked the day off, leaving her four colleagues on their own. Ron announced his wish to leave the department and the Ministry altogether to Sabrina Vance a few hours later and so it was decided that in a week from now, he would no longer need to step foot into the Ministry.

The four men worked in silence, the knowledge of what was to happen next having made them quiet, not willing to speak much. In a week from now changes would be made. Ron would no longer be with them after all these years. Their minds were occupied with that thought and their work. They could also not quite keep Bada out of their minds. When it was time to head back to their homes, their shift finished for the day, Theodore didn't hesitate to speak his mind.

"We should visit Bada," he suggested as he stood up, his words bringing Ron who was just about to leave to stop and turn to face him. Similarly, Harry looked up as well, halting his progress to leave. Draco settled down on his desk, ready to leave when they decided to do so.

"She probably needs space," Harry theorized.

"She would be taking her grandparents from my Manor back to their home," Draco supplied. Harry and Ron looked at him in surprise, the moving of her grandparents news to them. Draco shrugged, "She thought I would like to know they would be off of my feet by the time I got back."

"That's all the more reason why we should let her rest, then," Ron pointed out. "After helping her grandparents all day I doubt she would want any more company."

"But what if she does?" Theodore argued. "I'm going to keep her company either way. I don't think she should stay on her own after all she's been through, her thoughts can be harsh when she's in such a vulnerable state. If you want you can come with me, otherwise I'll go on my own."

It was evident neither of them wanted to stay away from Bada for longer than they already had, their concern her well-being. It wasn't long before Harry was sighing, giving in.

"Let us at least get something with us before we go. We shouldn't arrive unannounced and with empty hands."

Theodore nodded, a small smile on his lips, glad he had convinced Harry. Expectant, he turned to Draco and Ron. It wasn't long later before Ron was sighing in defeat.

"There's a pastry shop Hermione loves in the area," he informed them, "we could get her something from there."

"And maybe we could get her flowers," Draco suggested, sent a smirk at Harry. "What do you say, Harry?"

"Stop teasing me, will you?" he grumbled, looking down as he finished gathering his things. Draco and Theodore shared a smirk as the former shrugged.

"Fine, if you don't want to, we won't buy her flowers."

Ron chuckled softly, paying no heed to the betrayed look Harry sent his way. Not long later, the four of them were leaving their office, heading right to the lift. It was coincidence they found Anthia in the lift when they entered, moments before the door closed. They were alone inside.

"How are you?" Harry asked her softly, bringing her to look over at him with wide eyes. Anthia blinked. She didn't quite remember when was the last time she had talked with Harry or any of the men properly.

"I'm well," she muttered, managed to muster a small smile. "A bit shaken but I'll be alright. Laury is more shocked, she'll be staying at my apartment for a while, until she feels safe enough to return home."

"You will be fine in time," Ron assured her as he returned her smile. "Your friend was lucky to have you there. Your training paid off."

"Yeah, I thought so too," she admitted, "I guess a training such as this cannot be forgotten this easily."