xxii

As for Taehyung... it was different for him. Instead of a whole fight between his family and himself, Taehyung slept peacefully that morning but when he woke up he found his father in his room. The male was sitting at Taehyung's desk and looked at the few things on his desk before he pulled out a polaroid picture. Taehyung just barely awake, pushed himself up so he was sitting up but he didn't get a word in since his father had put the picture on the bed.

Taehyung looked at the picture and saw that it was him and Jungkook which made his eyes widen as he looked at his father. His father had a dull expression though as he looked at Taehyung. "... Your mother won't accept this." The voice was low as his eyes shifted from Taehyung to the wall. "... She also won't accept that I caught Jeon Jungkook sneaking out of our sons window early this morning." Taeho breathed out and sat on the bed next to Taehyung.

Taehyung didn't know what to think or say as he sat there. Though when his father sat down next to him he felt his eyes swell with tears while he bit his lip. Waiting for whatever his father had to say. "Please tell me I'm thinking very wrong here. That you're not a thing with the Jeon's son." Taeho looked at Taehyung who already had tears falling. A dragged sigh came from Taeho as he looked away. Taehyung breathing in shakily. "I'-I'm sorry." Is all he could say although it was choked. Taeho kept quiet though as he sat on the bed.

That only made Taehyung want to cry harder. "Dad?" Taehyung spoke to his father who didn't spare Taehyung another look. "We can't let your mother find-" And as Taehyung's father spoke, his eyes widened from the words that were coming out of his mouth but that all ended as they heard a slam of the door and stomps coming up the stairs. "Kim Taehyung!" Taehyung heard his mother's yell and that's when Taehyung's heart started racing as he got up from the bed quickly.

There Taeho stood up and walked to the door but Soyoung had already reached the door. "Get out of my house. Right now, go!" She pointed towards the door as Taehyung shook his head. "M-Mom-" Taehyung stuttered as Taeho jumped in. "Soyoung, love, let's just take a breath-" even Taeho was cut off by Soyoung. "No. No! That's disgusting Taeho! Do you know what he did?! He's been messing around with the Jeon's son! Son!! Taeho! I won't allow that in my household. I won't allow my own son to like boys!" She yelled as she then tossed the polaroid's on the bed.

Taehyung saw the pictures go flying everywhere including the bed but it took him a while to realize that the photos were Jungkook's. "Wa-Wait, where did y-you get tho-those?!" Taehyung asked in a panic as he then grabbed the photos. Taeho looking elsewhere as Soyoung started packing Taehyung's bag. "Jia gave them to me." She answered as she then pushed the bag against Taehyung's chest. She didn't even look sad about the situation. His own mother huh?

Then... it hit Taehyung. Jia... Jia gave his mother the pictures. Which meant- oh no... oh no no no. Not putting up the fight to stay, Taehyung grabbed his bag and ran out just to continue running down the street and to Jia's house where he saw no sign of Jungkook and his vehicle but who did he see? Jia. Hurrying over, Taehyung saw Jia playing with her friendship bracelet that she no longer had on. A sniffle coming from Jia who looked at Taehyung. "He's gone." She slowly said.

Gulping back, Jia stood up and made her way inside but before she could get past the door, Taehyung spoke up. "Jia-... I... I didn't.... I'm sor-sorry." Taehyung could feel all his emotions crashing together. "... My brother, Taehyung?" Jia looked back at Taehyung. "No... the problem isn't even that it was my brother. The problem is that you kept it from me. This whole time! My big brother Taehyung! I'm your best friend! but the moment Jungkook showed his face you tossed me aside! You kept secrets from me! And I..." Jia looked away just to wipe her tears.

"And I just can't look at you right now okay? Just go away." Jia said as she walked inside and shut the door. Taehyung not even sure if he should put up a fight. He still had to put up a fight just to stay home but with Jia? She walked away. She said what she had to say and it hurt Taehyung knowing Jia couldn't look at him but he understood why. This was not how Jia was supposed to find out... or well, she wasn't supposed to find out at all. Slowly walking away from the house, Taehyung looked back to where the car used to be parked.

Jungkook left... and it made Taehyung want to cry because now he was left alone, literally. Jungkook said he was going to look for an apartment just this morning and now he was gone. Dialing Jungkook's number over and over, Taehyung sat on a nearby bench but he would only be put to the answering machine. "Please, Jungkook come on." Taehyung bounced his leg repeatedly until Taehyung was hanging up and tossing his phone onto the grass. Breaking into a cry that he was holding back for some while.

His parents, his best friend and the guy he held so much feelings for were gone. Taehyung never felt so alone but he had no choice but the be alone which was the shittiest feeling Taehyung felt in a long time. So Taehyung sat there for the longest time just sniffling away from trying to stop himself from crying.

The next time he did see Jia was at the entrance exams they were both studying for. Did Taehyung go home? No... but his mother did give him a deal. If he were to pass his entrance exams he could come home but honestly? Taehyung didn't want to go home. Actually, no where felt like home to Taehyung right now but what could he do? He couldn't afford an apartment or anything and his only best friend was currently not talking to him.

As soon as Jia walked through those doors, Taehyung scooted up on his seat and waited for Jia to come sit near him but she sat up front without giving Taehyung a glance. Now he told himself before the exam that he wouldn't be bothered if Jia didn't talk to him but honestly he was bothered. Not mad bothered but just bothered that she couldn't even come sit with him. They didn't even have to talk but knowing Jia was still mad at him hurt, but he let it slide because he deserved it right?

Gulping, Taehyung sunk in his seat and looked at his paper that he had yet to flip over. "You have three hours to finish once you flip your paper." Is all Taehyung heard as he stared at his paper while others flipped their paper. Yet Taehyung didn't bother flipping his paper even when the facilitator told Taehyung he could get started. The only reason he was doing this stupid exam was to please his parents and hopefully get into the same school as Jia but those reasons were not good enough reasons for him anymore.

So he sat there... even after an hour passed and when the second hour hit, Taehyung finally flipped his paper just to put a huge x on the paper as he then got up, handed his paper in and left the room. Jia watching Taehyung as she looked at the paper then at Taehyung who left the room without any words. The urge to text or even follow Taehyung was there but she looked back at the paper. Little did Jia know that would be the last time she saw her best friend, for a few years at least.