xxvi

Taehyung sat with the two who broke into a conversation the moment they saw each other. Which Taehyung didn't mind. This was Namjoon's time to shine and he was there for... support? He guesses? Seokjin's friend didn't show up so he was okay with being alone and just off to the side. Namjoon was paying for his meal so he definitely was not complaining. While he was looking at the menu though, he saw Seokjin wave to someone but Taehyung didn't bother looking as he leaned onto Namjoon. "I'm emptying your pockets tonight."

Flashing a smile to Namjoon, Taehyung moved away and continued to look at the menu. Dumplings... ramen noodles, meat! Just seeing all the options made Taehyung's stomach growl. "Hey, sorry I'm late." was heard which made Taehyung stop and freeze from the voice. "You're on time, amazingly. We haven't ordered yet." Seokjin stood up to let Jungkook scoot in but the boy was focused on Taehyung who didn't lookup. Frozen in place is what Taehyung felt like.

Was it weird? That Taehyung could still remember Jungkook's voice? It's been three years... and the moment the said person spoke, he knew right away. "Jungkook?" Seokjin waved his hand in front of Jungkook who was out of it for a moment before he cleared his throat and nodded before scooting in. 'Jungkook...' Taehyung thought to himself before he looked up. "Uhhh... right, so anyway... Namjoon, this is my friend Jeon Jungkook and-" The name had Namjoon's eyes widening as he then looked at Taehyung who locked eyes with Jungkook already.

"And Jungkook, this is Kim Namjoon and Kim Taehyung." Seokjin finished off. Namjoon was well aware of who Jeon Jungkook was because of Taehyung but Seokjin wasn't. "... Nice to meet you," Taehyung spoke out like he didn't know Jungkook although they held eye contact for a minute or so. "I'm ready to order, are you?" Taehyung gulped and looked back at his menu but then looked at Namjoon who was baffled but he had a date so he pushed that aside for now.

"Oh yeah, I'm ready." Seokjin put his menu aside along with Namjoon. Jungkook in a daze as he looked at Taehyung but stopped when he realized he'd been staring for quite some while but... holy fuck it was Taehyung. Three years... and Taehyung was in front of him. A whole different person from when he last saw Taehyung. The clothing, the hair... he just had a whole new aura and- "Nice to meet you" came out. Taehyung... Taehyung didn't forget about him, right? He couldn't have. They looked at each other for quite some while, Seokjin said his name!

"Jungkook! Get your head out of your ass." Seokjin smacked the back of Jungkook's head and that's when he was fully aware of what was happening. "Huh?" Jungkook responded confusingly. "... Did you drink again Jungkook? Oh jeeze. I'm sorry about him, he has a problem." Seokjin sucked in a breath while starting to check on Jungkook who slapped Seokjin's hand away. "No, I mean... I did but... I'm sorry. We're ordering right?" Jungkook asked as he then grabbed a menu and looked through the option but honestly he wasn't even in the mood to eat.

As Jungkook did that, Taehyung had a moment to look at Jungkook. His hair was black now... and he had an eyebrow piercing. He looked skinnier than before- more tired for sure. "Hello, I'll be your waiter today, what can I get you for drinks?" Is all Taehyung needed to hear to snap out of his thoughts. The same time Jungkook looked away from the menu was the same time Taehyung looked away to look at the waiter. "Water-" Both Jungkook and Taehyung said. Which made Jin make an 'o' with his lips while Namjoon smiled awkwardly.

Taehyung breathed out slowly and gave back his menu while Namjoon spoke to the waiter about their orders and drinks. "So Namjoon, where are you from?" Seokjin sparked up a conversation once the waiter had left to get their drinks. This is the part where Taehyung was supposed to talk to Jungkook, he knew that but he couldn't bring himself to say anything. Honestly... Taehyung couldn't think of anything because what was there to say? Everything he wanted to say he couldn't because well... that was personal.

"Ilsan. Lived there my whole life actually. Taehyung and I just came in for a little visit though." Namjoon leaned in more to really get into the conversation with Jin but since Taehyung and Jungkook weren't talking, Jungkook was kind of forced to listen in on the conversation going on. Ilsan... so Taehyung went to ilsan? but... what about his parents? Jia? What happened to them? "How..." Jungkook spoke up but stopped himself once he realized he was going to interrupt Jin.

Though the question wasn't for Namjoon or Jin... it was for Taehyung. "What's that?" Taehyung was heard which made Jungkook look at Taehyung right away. His doe eyes looking as innocent as ever. "... How long were you in Ilsan?" Jungkook finally spoke up and asked his question. Reaching out for his drink that just arrived, Taehyung gulped. "... Three years." He said while taking a straw and putting it in the water. "T-Three years?!" Jungkook asked shocked.

It didn't add up though. Jungkook has been gone three years. So if Taehyung has been gone three years... something happened. "Can we talk?" Jungkook said after he leaned in just a bit so Taehyung would hear him. "After this." Jungkook added on just to make it clear. Looking at Jungkook, Taehyung took a while before he nodded and went back to sipping his water from the straw. So clearly Taehyung never forgot about him but why would he?... well, it was the first time seeing each other in three years and how they ended was... well... something.

"Ah yes, food." Seokjin saw the food coming as he used his sense to smell the air. Namjoon looking at Seokjin with a dull expression before he slowly started to smile then laugh it off. "Smelling the food? What a skill-" Namjoon was joking and as he finished the joke, the food was being placed in front of them. "I told you!" Seokjin said proudly as Namjoon looked at the food in front of them. "Well... I'll gladly take you to any restaurant now." He sucked in a breath.

Taehyung smiled at how smoothly it seemed to be going for Namjoon and Seokjin. It was like Jungkook and he weren't even there which was how it was supposed to be. Though it just made it a tiny bit awkward for the two off to the side. What were they supposed to do? Act normal around the two? Namjoon knew the story about Jungkook... so he couldn't just pretend like Jungkook was nothing to him, although he did try to act that way. They were going to talk though so... hopefully that goes good? It made Taehyung nervous honestly.

As Taehyung was eating, Namjoon leaned in after a while. "Jin and I are gonna take off a litte earlier than expected. You'll be okay?" Namjoon asked Taehyung who froze. "You're leaving me?" Taehyung whispered back. "No- well, yes but they're staying in the same hotel so I'll just meet you back there. I'll still pay for your food too, don't worry." Namjoon pulled out his wallet as Jin called over the waiter so he could pack up their food. "Well, I don't have a choice do I?"

Rolling his eyes, Namjoon ruffed up Taehyung's hair as he then looked at Jungkook who being caught up by Jin. "It was nice to meet you Jungkook." Namjoon smiled at Jungkook who smiled back and nodded. "You too. Enjoy your night guys." He waved off Namjoon who picked up the food and walked off but Jin had to go and grab his own food once he noticed Namjoon stumbled. Safety measures for his food. Though once they left, Taehyung and Jungkook were left alone which got awkward... until Jungkook decided to speak up.

"You've been in Ilsan for three years." Jungkook said while looking at his plate of food that he didn't touch. "So that means you left after I did." Jungkook looked at Taehyung who was looking at Jungkook. Poking at his food, Taehyung nodded. "So... so what happened? Jia... you must be still in contact with her right? How has she been?" Jungkook asked with his eyes full of hope that Taehyung was still in contact with his sister. Though Taehyung looked down at his food. "I don't know. When I left, I left everyone altogether. I haven't heard from Jia in a long time."

Jungkook looked shocked at that. Taehyung and Jia... they were best friends. Repeat, they were best friends. "After you left..." Taehyung stopped at the memories flooding in. "She outed me to my mom by giving her your photos of us. I tried talking to her but she shut me out. I... I even blew the entrance exams. Then after that I left. Haven't been back since." Taehyung looked at Jungkook who was shocked by what he said. "I learned by the best though. Running away really does solve your problems.." Taehyung whispered the last few words as he poked his food.