xxxi

Just as Taehyung was about to speak, he was interrupted by Namjoon and Seokjin who came out of the museum. "You guys missed out. We got to see the ancient art." Seokjin spoke as he walked towards the two. Clearing his throat, Jungkook sat up and looked at Seokjin with a forced laugh. "Yeah? I'm sure you saw it before Jin Hyung." He kept his laugh to himself. It took a minute though for Seokjin to get what Jungkook was getting at. "... Are you calling me ancient?! You brat!" Seokjin scoffed and grabbed Jungkook's ear just to pinch it. "Ouc- mm." Jungkook sucked in a breath and rubbed his ear.

Seokjin smiled at Jungkook who only stared for a moment. Standing up, Jungkook checked his time before sighing. "I gotta get going but I'll see you at the hotel tonight," Jungkook informed Seokjin who was confused by why Jungkook was suddenly leaving. "Wait- where are you going?" Seokjin asked Jungkook who spun around to face Jin. Giving a certain look but Seokjin didn't get it. "... The job offer." Jungkook cleared his throat. "Job... oh! Right. Yeah, okay go on. Let me know how it goes." Seokjin smiled at Jungkook and waved him off.

Taehyung watched Jungkook walk off before he looked at Namjoon. The boy was looking at Taehyung too until he went sit next to Taehyung. "I'm sorry." Namjoon sighed and scrunched up his nose. Taehyung stayed quiet for a moment before he put his head on Namjoon's shoulder. "I'm sorry too." Is all Taehyung said while he kept his head on Namjoon's shoulder. Seokjin happened to smile at the two. Somewhat like he and Jungkook. Well- maybe not somewhat at all. Jungkook was a pain in the ass and liked to make fun of Seokjin a lot so-

Even so, Seokjin was always there for Jungkook no matter the circumstances. Jungkook was a fragile boy who put up an act that he was strong. They may have not known each other for years but Seokjin had a bond with Jungkook he just couldn't shake off. Now Taehyung, the boy Jungkook couldn't get over was right in front of them. He could only imagine what Jungkook was going through. Now- Jungkook didn't tell Seokjin the name of this boy but he did describe Taehyung and that's how Seokjin put the pieces together. Plus the dinner when Jungkook arrived and was out of it staring at Taehyung? He figured it out pretty quickly.

"Job offer... so is Jungkook moving here?" Namjoon asked Seokjin who sat down and shook his head. "Well uh... his job offer is actually in the states." The words made Taehyung shoot up from leaning on Namjoon. "Jungkook has this friend in Deagu that he's been helping in the studio and he's moving to the states for a few months? years? to start off his career? ... and he wanted Jungkook to go with him. Jungkook said no months ago but I guess he changed his mind. Today's his last chance to decide." Seokjin breathed in and let out a sigh.

Taehyung felt his throat close up for a second. The states huh? Then surely Taehyung wouldn't see Jungkook for a good while. Another three years without Jungkook... how nice? Or well... that's what Taehyung convinced himself to think.

Jungkook walked down the sidewalk with his head a mess. There was so much to think about yet he couldn't keep his head on one topic. Taehyung- the job, his life. What if he didn't accept this job offer? Then what? Go back to Daegu and sulk his whole life? What did he have left there? Besides Jin... he had nothing left. On the other hand, taking the job offer would mean leaving Seoul. Leaving the memories of Seoul and as much as they all sucked in Jungkook's mind... there were some memories that made him love Seoul but that was a different time of place.

Going to the states would open up many doors for Jungkook. He could work on himself and just... he doesn't know but running to the states, running from his feelings sounded amazing. Taehyung moved on and Jungkook knew that. The kiss they shared was just nothing but old feeling lingering. Three years ago Jungkook left things unfinished between them and let Taehyung slip out of his hold. Now Taehyung fell into someone else's arms and he... god Jungkook hated who Taehyung fell for but what could he do?