Prologue

Y/N POV
God fucking damnit. I got drafted into the army. I was going to enlist in the navy, but no, good ol Adolf decided to say "fuck you you're joining the infantry" Ughhh, this is going to be a shit show. I walk to the draft office, my notice in hand. I growl at the building but walk in. After a few hours I'm off to home to get ready a train ride to training camps. Ughhh I'm not happy.

Timeskip, four months.

I woke up, it's the day after my training Graduation. I'm leaving soon, going to the Rhine. I get up and go off base for the day, and accidentally bump into a young girl, my high school girlfriend Carla Becker. Well, that's her new name. Carla married a sailor. I smile at her, and she smiles back.

Y/N: Heil hitler Carla!

Carla: Heil Hitler Y/N! How're you this fine day?

Y/N: I'm doing rather good Carla, you?

Carla: Good, just running to the market to get some eggs to make breakfast for the husband.

Y/N: How's Heinz doing?

Carla: He's doing great, he's shipping out to sea soon so I'm making some good meals for him today!

Y/N: What I wouldn't give to have a girlfriend like you again Carla.

Carla: Heh, yeah, sorry about that.

Y/N: Not your fault, we just didn't work out.

Carla: Yeah. I heard you're being transferred to the Rhine?

Y/N: Yup.

Carla: I hope it's not terrible.

Y/N: Don't worry, we're not actively at war, yet.

I said the last part to myself. I'm ninety percent sure Adolf can't wait to flaunt his fancy new toys around the Globe. Carla and I exchanged goodbyes, and I spend the day hanging around my city the last time, visiting my family, enjoying the food, and even helping homeless people. I have a feeling if there is a war I'm going to end up demonized for little to no reason. I walk to the train station, my gear and other equipment. I sigh and hop aboard, being nervous. I'm dressed in my uniform, for some reason I'm a artilleryman now, despite my draft card saying I was supposed to be either Pioneer or Infantryman. With red piping it's easy to tell me apart from the Infantrymen, I'm different from them. I'm, special I guess. There's a few other Artillerymen, but I'm not here to have conversations I'm here to do my service and fuck off back home. Watch out Rhineland, here comes Y/N Straßen, whether you're ready or not.

Chapter End.

This is you, enjoy the look, cause I'm not changing it lol