-Chapter Twelve-

◦•●◉✿❀✿◉●•◦

You make me sick

Down to my stomach

The atrocity you truly are deserves to be punished

◦•●◉✿❀✿◉●•◦

Lionpaw woke up and is immediately confused by all the strange scents around her. A stabbing pain throbbed in the back of her head as she shakily got to her paws. Everything around her was strangely blurry.  

"Where am I?!" She meowed in distress to the blobby shape coming towards her, "Have I died?"

"No," The shape meows soothingly and as Lion paw slowly regained her sight she recognises the medicine cat, Fallen Lark. "Sit back down," Fallen Lark meows "you hit your head hard and you seem concussed, let me take a better look at you."  Fallen Lark looked into one of Lion paw's eyes then in the other.

"What are you doing?" Lion paw asked uncertainly.

"Checking the size of your pupils." Fallen Lark meowed still looking at her pupils "Now stop questioning me, I know what I'm doing." After a while Fallen Lark addressed Lion paw. "I have good news and bad news."

"What's the bad news?" Lion paw asked

"You're definitely concussed." Fallen Lark meowed "But the good news is that you get to take time off from training while your still experiencing walking issues, seizures and vomiting."

"Wait I'm going to-" Lionpaw suddenly felt sick and she bent her head low as she vomited all over Fallen Lark.

               ***

After Fallen Lark cleaned herself up she sat down with Lion paw who was watching the clan eat their freshkill in the light of the setting sun.

"Sorry I puked on you..." Lion paw mumbled to Fallen Lark not taking her eyes off her clanmates.

"No worries, I have to help look after newborn kits. Now for such small kits you'd be surprised how much barf they hold." Fallen Lark meowed breezily. Lionpaw shifted her hunches uncomfortably, all the talk of vomit was making her feel sick. Fallen Lark sensed the young cats discomfort and quickly changed the subject, "Why on earth did you go through the brambly trail?" She asked the apprentice.

"Excuse me?" Lionpaw meowed turning her head towards the medicine cat "Urm, what do you mean?" Fallen Lark smiled thinking that the younger cat was just embarrassed.

"Don't worry Swift Falcon told me all about what happened!" She whispered

"And uh what would that be again?" Lionpaw tried to meow it casually but her voice rose at least three octaves. Oh starclan, She thought, What horrible things has Swift Falcon meowed about me now?

"About how you insisted that the brambly trail was the best way even though it would rip off everyone's  pelts and how you got to the other side and yelled see I'm fine just before you slipped on a dead adder and hit your head on a rock. Then her and Rowanscar had to go through the brambles to get you." Fallen Lark's whiskers twitched at the thought of it and to be honest Lion paw wanted to laugh aswell.

"Yeah th-that was really embarrassing for me" Lion paw meowed successfully passing off her nervous chuckle for an embarrassed one.  But as the sun slipped off the horizon she gazed over to Rowanscar and Swift Falcon. Wondering, Why did they take me back to camp? They could have just buried me somewhere and said they were ambushed, I died and they didn't have time to take me back so they buried me where it happened. There's something else they need me for...

Short chapter, sorry! But I promise I'm getting towards the plot.

-Mossy