-Chapter Twenty-

◦•●◉✿❀✿◉●•◦

Sometimes I try to rebel against the grasp your poison has on me

Do you try that too?

Are you the master of it or just another prisoner...

◦•●◉✿❀✿◉●•◦

"Ashstar? But how?" Lionpaw felt as though a bolt of lightning had struck her in the chest. Sure, the Moon clan leader was keeping her (and her friends) prisoner, but how could he become such a big threat that Starclan would have to send a prophecy lifetimes before his wrath to warn the clans? 

Flosswhisker peered around the clearing suspiciously before answering, "Last night I heard him plotting with the Law and order... He was plotting about how to takeover the other clans." Lionpaw's fur bushed up around her like a lions mane.

Her head started throbbing, The other clans... my clan! "We have to stop him!" She yelped and started pacing back and fourth. She couldn't let him destroy her clan. Nearly everyone she cared about were from Sunclan: Dawnbrook, Appleleaf, Skyfire, Fallenlark. And what would happen to her clan mates? Would they be brutally murdered or become prisoners? Would some of them join Ashstar?

The world around her started spinning. She felt a bitter bile rising in her throat. Wanting to squash all her fears down she turned to Flosswhisker, and meowed weakly "Is there a way to stop him?"

The pregnant queen just gazed at her pitifully, "I don't know..."

Lionpaw's heart stopped and her head drooped. How could she possibly save her clan? Was Ashstar to great of a danger?

Flosswhisker continued on, "But it has been tried before."

She sat bolt upright "Really?! What happened?" Starclan, please let it be good!

"They died." Flosswhisker meowed bluntly. But even though her words were blunt a sadness in her eyes lingered.

Lionpaw's hope crumpled up. My clan are strong, they'll fight off Ashstar! But she couldn't  agree with herself they'd just lost two strong warriors and their numbers were dwindling. 

When something rustled in the bushes Lionpaw nearly jumped out of her fur! "W-we should get going." She meowed shakily stepping away from the bush.

Flosswhisker sniffed the air, "You're right. Go!"

Lionpaw raced down the path not looking back. She couldn't hear anything but the blood roaring in her ears. She squirmed through the gap in the nursery and tried not to act suspicious.

She heard someone breathing, had they seen what she'd done. She looked up in fear but her nerves calmed down when she saw that it was only Appleleaf.

"Where have you been?!" Appleleaf asked bounding over. "And why do you smell like mud?"

"No reason!" Lionpaw meowed in a rush. An excited look bounced into Appleleaf's eyes. Lionpaw looked at her in interest, "What is it?"

"It's Skyfire!" Appleleaf started jumping up and down "He's started a rebellion!"

Sorry that was so short! I've just come to a writers block, but don't worry! I'm pushing past it!

- Mossy