Chapter 3

Percy POV

Percy ran through the howling winds and rain, ignoring the cries of Annabeth pleading him to come back. Percy suddenly felt himself being teleported, he suddenly found himself next to a campfire with a middle-aged woman poking at the worm homey flames. Percy breathed heavily and bowed down "Aunt Hestia" he managed to breathe out. Hestia smiled sadly and said in a hushed tone "Perseus I know how you've lost so much today but, may I adopt you?". Percy's breathing stopped for a split second before asking "Why? I'm just a normal demigod with a newly broken heart.". Hestia sighed " Perseus your the best demigod that has ever graced the earth.". Percy smiled "I would be honoured if you adopt me".

Hestia jumped up and down happily before shouting towards the sky "Poseidon!". The said god flashed into view and hugged Percy, after detaching himself from Percy he nodded " Sister, Son". Hestia smiled and said "brother may I adopt young Perseus?". He stepped back in shock before smiling " Yes!". Percy asked "Why is Hestia adopting me such a big deal?". Poseidon smiled softly at Percy "Son Hestia adopting you would make you her "technical" first-born,first-borns have so much power that Zeus would try to destroy you but I'd doubt that he would try since Hestia is the stronger than Zeus himself. Hestia just shrugged and put her hand on Percy's shoulder and said " I Hestia firstborn of Kronos and Rhea declare that Percy Jackson son of Posideon will become my first and only champion and may he also have the powers of my first-born!". Posideon opened and closed his mouth like a fish before congratulating Percy "Percy! Do you know how big this is? The firstborn of a god has powers that can rival the said god him/herself in their powers!". Percy just grinned and said "ok dad" as if it was a normal day at CHB.

Hestia laughed and hugged her newly adopted son kissing Percy's forehead "I love you son.". Percy hugged her back and hugged Posideon said "I love you too mom and dad.". Mom smiled "I will be teaching you how to master your powers every Sunday. I won't let anything bad happen to you on my watch!". Percy felt a part of his heart mend with Hestia adopting him, he didn't know why but he suspected it had something to do with his fatal flaw... Loyalty.