CHAPTER 18

I WOKE up inhaling that familiar sweet addictive scent. Aside from that, I also feel like my head is about to explode. Ah, right. I drank way too much last night.

I slowly opened my eyes. My breathing hitched when I saw Claudia sleeping soundly while clinging in my arm. My heart twitched with the sight. I remember someone taking care of me last night. Did she really?

Her warmth is comforting but the pain pounding in my head is becoming unbearable. I tried to get up but Claudia snuggle her face in my arms and her grip tightens. I chuckled as a warm and light feeling in my chest enveloped me.

"Lucas.." she mumbled. I can't help but to smirk. She's not calling other guys now, it's my name that she's mumbling in her sleep.

Even though my head feels like it's being hammered, I lied comfortably again and stared at her angelic face. I can't believe this girl is sleeping beside me right now.

As I stared at her, I suddenly thought. Why am I so afraid of losing my freedom? What's so bad in marriage? I'll lose all the fun with other girls. So what? It's not like I'm still having fun with them right now. I don't know how and when it exactly started. But I woke up one morning that I suddenly lose interest in playing around.

Suddenly, the idea of marrying this girl beside me is not bad at all. If anything, I even want to look forward with it.

"Lucas!" Her eyes opened wide and realizing our position, she immediately let go of my arm and sat up.

"Why are you in my bed?" I asked, just putting on a show. She instantly blushed in front of me. Now, that's cute.

"It's your fault that I ended up here. You f-freaking.." she stuttered before glaring at me. I looked at her boringly before putting up a rather serious facade.

"My head hurts." I seriously said. I want to see what she would do and how she would react. I'm curious.

I saw a glint of concern in her eyes but she discarded it and glared at me. Damn! Even her glare is amusing to see. This girl really...

"Bakit kasi naglasing ka? Ano bang problema mo ha? What will you gain from doing all of this?" She annoyingly said. She kept on glaring at me like I did something unforgivable. My lips parted as I looked at her. She looks lovely when she's annoyed. I would love to hear her nag at me, after we got married.

"Are you worried?" I asked. Her eyebrows furrowed as her eyes flashed a blink of confusion. I waited for her response but she didn't utter a word. "Claudia," I called. She scowled at me.

"Don't call me Claudia," she grimaced. I sigh audibly and rest my head in her shoulder. She recoiled at my gesture but didn't shove me away. "What the hell are you doing?" Her voice remained impassive but I can feel her uneasiness.

"I already said that will call you whatever I want before. So you shouldn't let anyone call you with your first name aside from me, mmm?" I softly whispered. She tensed and pushed me lightly. I chuckled at her reaction.

"Stop playing around and drink some medicine. If you want to feel better, that is." She irritably said. I smirked a little and raised my head to look at her.

"Make me," I challenged her. She stared at me like I'm a stranger.

"WHAT ARE you? A kid? As far as I know, your hands are perfectly fine that you can drink your medicine on your own." Inis kong angil. His lips parted in as he looked at me with awe. Suddenly, he lost all emotions in his face.