CHAPTER 43

CHAPTER 43.

NERI

"Is it even alright for you to drink that much?" Hugh says while casually wiping different kinds of drinking glasses on the counter bar. I glared at him.

"Shush. I'm so pissed that I can't do anything to help our friends." I honestly said while chugging another glass of dirty martini.

"Yeah, no shit. Even our weird ass friend Faust can only arranging their flights and send them to who knows where". I shifted my eyes to the man who suddenly occupied the seat beside me. I am surprised to see France. The pretty man just raised a brow at me as he grabbed a bottle of beer and pour it in a glass without permission. "Are you sure you should be drinking that much? You're a parent now, right? How I pity little Abigail, can I just adopt her?"

"She's with the Cruz twins, they're good babysitters. And why are you all questioning my alcohol intake? Can't I have a little fun and break even though I'm a parent? Single pa rin naman ako ah, psh!" I rolled my eyes at them. I looked at my drink before sighing deeply. Ah, I can't enjoy myself. I wish I could have fun with Laine right now. I can still remember how shock I was when I discovered that she's pregnant.

[

"Wait." I massaged my temple. I'm still trying to take in what Khalil said over the phone. "So you're saying that you're back in the Philippines, and Lucas cheater on Loraine at nasa hospital siya ngayon, tama?"

"Yeah, and----" magsasalita pa sana siya pero inunahan ko na.

"At hindi lang yon, you're also saying na kapatid ni Loraine ang sumulot kay Lucas and now Loraine is pregnant!?" I failed to suppress my tone. Binitawan ko saglit ang baby bottle at kahon ng gatas na hawak ko saka ginawang pang suporta ang sink. Huminga ako ng malalim para pakalmahin ang sarili ko. There is too much information to take everything at once!

"That's the situation." Kali answered from the other line. I unbelievably sighed. I can't believe this..

"If you're telling the truth, how the hell did you know that first from America and how come that I don't know it when I just live nearby?" I frustratedly asked. The line went silent for a couple of seconds. Damn it. Am I not their fucking friend?
I can't believe I'm being left out like this!

"Are you serious? Oh well, Faust called me." Faust? That bastard didn't even reached out to me at all, its pissing me off. I muted the phone and contacted my daughter's nanny, Reah, who's supposed to be taking her day off.

"I'm sorry again, Reah. Its just that my friend really needs me right now. Make sure Abigail eats at lunch time. I'm off." Matipid kong sabi. I walked near Abi's crib, caressed her cheeks and planted a small peck on her forehead. 'Mommy's gonna be back, okay. We need to come to Ninang Loraine's rescue.'

"Yes, ma'am." Reah politely uttered. I just nodded at her. I unmuted the speaker and was glad to know that Khalil haven't dropped the call.

"I want to see my friend. You also have to explain it to me in detail. Which hospital is she admitted?"

]

"I'm the first place, what's the problem with Lucas? What made him think that cheating on his girlfriend is a fucking brilliant idea? Bakit ba kasi padalos dalos siya? Ni hindi niya muna pinakinggan ang side ni Laine!" I irritatedly grunted. Hugh sighed before carefully arranging the glasses on the rack. I noticed him stiffen after laying his eyes on my back.