girls' night

Althea's POV

After the whole talk with Denise, I started to feel like shit. My entire day feels ruined and honestly, just fuck it.

I began running outside, just as the bell rang, signaling for the next period, not giving a single shit if one of the teachers might look for me.

Just as I entered my car and locked the doors, I suddenly heard knocking on the front seat's window startling me. I reluctantly unlocked the passenger side's door, before hearing the sound of it being opened, then soon after, closed.

"What happened?" she asked, her tone and expression masked with both worry and concern.

Seeing that I didn't answer, she gently took my face in her hands, making me look at her, only for her to see the run-downed mascara trails down my cheeks.

Once she saw my vulnerable state, Abigail immediately pulled me close to her for comfort, her clothes getting stains from my tears.

"Althea, tell me what happened" she now said sternly once we parted, giving me a reassuring nod and a small smile

I tried my best not to sob, but failed just after muttering one word "Denise".

~ End of Althea's POV ~

———

Just minutes after they arrived, Abigail instantly began looking for solutions on how to make her cousin feel better — or at least forget about the whole situation even if it was just temporary.

She'd do everything just to see Althea smile again, no matter what. As much as she wanted to give Denise a visit she knew she had to think of other ideas instead.

So, she did one of the only ideas she could think of, a girls' night.

She knows It's quite typical and cliche, but she knew how much of a sucker her baby cousin was for these nights, so she couldn't help but do it. After all, it could help relieve stress, right? Well, she could only hope so.

———

Whilst Althea was sleeping, Abigail began to plan the sleepover. She had bought snacks and drinks, ordered probably a dozen pizzas, prepared the guest room they'll be sleeping in, got board games and everything else she thought they could need, and more. Abigail intended for this to be a memorable and perfect night with no room for mistakes.

Later on, an hour passed by, and she started to hear the doorbell ring. Abigail excitedly opened the front door to see almost everyone she had invited.

Jessica, Bella, Angela, Zuri, and Dionne, all except for a certain.. vampire.