11 ~ Kiss

Althea closed her eyes tightly shut as a bright white light shone through the window. Days like these where the sun was out were quite rare in Forks, which was why she learned now how to appreciate them.

She opened her eyes to adjust them from the sun, only to realize the position she was in. She was laying on somebody's chest, with her legs hooked over theirs, and her arm was draped on their waist. Upon trying to figure out who this person was, she noticed how their exposed skin glistened like diamonds to the sun, 'quite peculiar for a person' she thought.

She looked up to see who it was, only to discover the pixie-haired Cullen herself, Alice. The events from the night before came rushing back to her, remembering how she threw herself on the fairy-like girl and confessed.

'Fuck' she muttered under her breath multiple times and sat up, putting her hands on her face to try and cover up her embarrassed expression which got Alice to sit up. As she retreated her hands, Althea looked around the unfamiliar room, only to realize they were the only ones there.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Alice asked with a concerned tone laced in her voice

"Where are we?" The taller girl asked in a panicked state. Alice placed her cold hands on the Aldine's cheeks, making Althea focus her gaze on Alice, which made her feel safe and comforted, resulting in Althea calming down.

"What're you talking about? We're at home, silly" Alice chuckled slightly.

The other Cullens were now at the room's doorframe, along with Bella who was carrying.. a child? What shocked her even more, was that Alessandro was there, along with Abigail

"what's the occasion you guys?" she heard Jess say as she gave Abby a kiss, before Althea woke up from her dream.

~Present time~

Althea sprung up in bed, only now realizing that her friends were still there, asleep, whilst noticing Alice next to her.

"Great! You're awake" Alice exclaimed happily next to her, closing down the book she had been reading.

'Supernatural's' a book Dionne gave her when she moved to New York, it had almost every supernatural creature you could think of, along with their facts, origins and history. Pretty useful for when you encounter one, or at least she thought it was.

"Hello? Althea" Alice called out, waving her hand in front of her mate after seeing her look distant, finally getting Althea's attention.

" what?- sorry" she said apologizing for spacing out. Alice gave her a small smile, signaling that it was alright, before continuing.

"About last night-" Alice started, before getting interrupted by Althea

"crap- right. Alice I'm so sorry, my mind wasn't in the right p-" before she could continue her apology, she felt cold but soft lips crash on her own, taking her out by surprise before her mind finally had time to register what was happening and immediately kissed back.

Althea wrapped her arms around Alice's waist, pulling her closer. It was like how the movies described it, but better. Time felt like an illusion. It was as if everything just stopped. Every single worry they had within that moment disappeared, from a single kiss.

The kiss was soft and slow as their lips moved against each other's in a passionate way. Both girls seemed to forget that they weren't alone, loving how they both felt contended with the contact in each others' embrace.

"Oh my Fuck- really? It's 7 am" they heard beside them, pulling apart to see all their friends awake, and staring at them.

Althea felt embarrassed, and buried her head in Alice's neck, whilst the Cullen just laughed, enjoying the moment. Everyone was quite surprised about the whole kiss, but ended up thinking that both girls would be a really cute couple anyway. The whole interaction being pure fluff.

"Alright, alright. That's enough lovebirds. I gotta go before the sweetness rubs off on me" They heard Jessica sarcastically say, bidding goodbye and heading out, but not before giving each of them a hug, including Abigail who almost didn't want to let go, despite the events that happened last night.

"We have to go too, mum just sent a text message" said Zuri, who's accent decided to come out. "I had a lot of fun you guys, thank you for inviting us" she genuinely smiled, deciding to get hers and Dionne's bag, giving Althea a hug, as her twin did the same before leaving, although not until deciding to tease the Aldine about the situation earlier.

"text me later!" she yelled, making the remaining of them laugh

"Angela, Bella. Do you guys wanna get some breakfast downstairs?" The blonde asked, wanting to give the mates their privacy

"Yeah sure! I have to leave in a couple minutes anyways" Angela answered, getting the hint before giving Bella a soft nudge to answer

"Of course, just lead the way" she said shyly, following them outside.

After they left, Althea let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Everything felt right, and she was happy. What could possibly go wrong?

———