14 ~ Lover

It was early in the morning, only a couple hours ever since Alice had slept over, and the pair was still cuddling in bed, when Althea had an idea.

She stood up, and grabbed both of Alice's cold hands, pulling her up in which made the petite girl stand with confusion.

"What exactly are you doing?" Alice couldn't help but be curious to what her mate was up to, especially at this time in the morning.

"Just trust me, mi amore" Althea dismissed her question with a small mischievous smile, grabbing her hidden guitar before dragging the curious Cullen behind her.

The younger girl had dragged Alice with her to the top of their house, before laying down a blanket she had grabbed on their way there. Sitting down, Althea patted the space beside her signaling for Alice to sit, which the pixie-like brunette obliged, still oblivious to what her mate had planned.

Althea cleared her throat awkwardly, suddenly feeling nervous, to which the vampire had given her a small encouraging smile making the taller girl regain a bit of her confidence.

"I wrote this song a couple years ago, completely out of nowhere and I used to think that I wouldn't be able to play this song to anyone, until I met you. I know we just met a couple weeks ago, but i feel a strong connection to you Alice Cullen, no matter how much I might try to deny it and I don't know if you feel the same w-"the Aldine was cut off when Alice placed her lips softly on Althea's, ending the younger woman's nervous rambling.

After pulling apart, Alice slowly whispered "Of course i feel the same way 'Thea" the Cullen smiled softly, her eyes holding so much admiration and love for her mate.

"Why don't you play me that song, silly" Alice chuckled after some time, wanting to hear Althea sing, which in return made the taller brunette smile, before she started to play her guitar, playing each note full of love for Alice.

(Play 'Lover' here)

We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January
And this is our place, we make the rules
And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you dear
Have I known you 20 seconds or 20 years?

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home
You're my, my, my, my lover

We could let our friends crash in the living room
This is our place, we make the call
And I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you
I've loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home (forever and ever)
You're my, my, my, my Lover

Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand?
With every guitar string scar on my hand
I take this magnetic force of a woman to be my lover
My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue
All's well that ends well to end up with you
Swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover
And you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me
And at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home (forever and ever)
You're my, my, my, my
Oh, you're my, my, my, my
Darling, you're my, my, my, my
Lover

****

Althea finished after playing the last chord, only looking up when she heard soft claps made by Alice, followed by the small brunette excitedly throwing her arms around the younger woman, almost knocking them down if it weren't for Althea's fast reflexes, her hand now being used as a tool to keep them sitting up.

"That was amazing, you're amazing" Alice whispered, looking into her mate's mesmerizing hazel orbs that were reflected on by the street lights, noticing how her skin glowed because of the bright light shown upon them by the moon, only adding to Althea's innocent beauty.

———

They later on spent the rest of the night 'till early morning telling stories and certain aspects of their life, opening up more to each other and learning new things about the other whilst still keeping some secrets hidden, only planning on telling each other when they truly know that they are ready.