17 ~

A/N: Somewhat a rushed chapter, so I apologize for any mistakes or possible cringy scenarios, but enjoy the small fluff, for now, my babies</3.

Unedited. 

______

Althea could feel the jealousy leak from Alice. It took every willpower Althea had in her to stop herself from bursting out in laughter. Mike had just failed to ask Isabella out and he decided that she was an open option, and oh boy was he going to be in trouble.

"I wanted to ask you, if- you know, it's like a month away, but.. do you wanna go to prom with me?" Mike nervously waited for Althea's answer, not ready to receive another rejection.

"So, what do you think?" Before the tall brunette could answer, it seems like Alice has had enough of his nervous rambling and the literal audacity he has to ask her girlfriend right in front of her.

"She's taken." Alice snapped, her eyes sizing him up. Despite being tiny, she sure does have a ton of rage in her if she wanted to.

"T-taken?" Mike felt quite surprised by the small girl. That was the first time she's spoken to him. It didn't help that the first real interaction they have is with Alice being obviously annoyed with his existence, despite usually being a bubble of sunshine.

"Yeah, by me. Back off Newton, she's mine" Alice wrapped her small arms around her mate protectively, giving the blond a glare

"Oh- OH!" Realization hit Mike like a truck. He awkwardly dismissed himself, muttering a small apology to the couple before lowering his head in embarrassment.

Althea released a small snicker. Sure, she felt bad for Mike, but Alice looked so hot and adorable at the same time when jealous, she couldn't help herself. In fact, she was very amused by the situation.

"I'm yours, huh?" Althea teased, a small glint in her eyes as she faced Alice whose arms were still wrapped around her.

"Mhm, all mine" The small vampire answered, looking up with a triumphant smile, removing her arms from Althea's waist to place them around her lover's neck

"And I'm all yours, my love!" Alice adds with a giggle, reaching up for a kiss, which Althea couldn't be happier to give it to her.

"..hey, guys, come on! We gotta' go, we gotta go" they heard Mr. Molina say whilst loading students on the bus

 "Green is what? Good. Let's go. Guys, come on"  Both girls chucked to themselves, walking over to where the others were with their hands interlocked. Both temperatures blending in perfectly.

"Other bus, other bus. Let's go."

______

During the ride to their destination, the tall brunette had fallen asleep after the first five minutes due to exhaustion from the night before. She had started to question her girlfriend's family.

Althea wasn't exactly ignorant nor stupid, she saw the obvious signs. Whether it was the unnaturally cold skin, their weirdly similar eye colors -- which she observed how it change from time to time with Alice --,  or Edward's supernatural strength and speed which she took note of the other day when Bella got into the accident- everything was right in front of her. 

All the signs she disregarded and thought were somewhat normal were brought to light the moment Edward saved Bella, but she needed more. 

She needs to gather more evidence before confirming her theory.

______

"..egg shells, carrot tops, Compost is cool." Mr. Molina's voice rang through the greenhouse.

 Each student was in their own little world. Taking down notes, observing, chatting, and playing around are only some of the different activities students did. 

Althea gave out an excited gasp at a monstera plant in front of her, which caught Alice's attention "I have this exact one at home!" she whispered enthusiastically, touching one of its leaves.

"You like plants?" Alice asked with a look of surprise and adoration in her eyes, to which Althea happily hummed and nodded a yes.

"I love them! OH! and they could be our children! We have Barry who's a cactus, there's Kai, my tiny snake plant.." Althea kept on rambling, not taking in the words that slipped through her mouth, whilst Alice immediately realized what she said. If only Alice was alive, she had no doubt that she would look like a human tomato, and surprisingly she'd accept it.

Alice never wanted to stop hearing Althea's voice, but unfortunately, she did once they got out of the greenhouse. Althea had to cut her rambling short when she felt a pair of eyes observe her from afar. She tried to subtly look around, but she couldn't identify who it was. So instead she shrugged it off, it was probably nothing, right?

______

Althea continued walking towards the bus with Alice happily clinging onto her arm when they spotted Bella and Edward.

"You don't know anything." Althea overheard Edward say. She couldn't help but wonder if there was a stick up his ass or what?

"Hi! Are you gonna be riding with us?" Althea was taken out of her thoughts when she heard Alice ask Bella. 'God, she's adorable'

"No, our bus is full" Now, Althea is sure Edward definitely has a stick up his ass

"Nonsense!" Althea interjected "You can sit beside us, right babe?" she asked, looking down at Alice with pleading eyes, which she knows her girlfriend would never turn down. It was like a superpower, and it always works like a charm.

"Of course!"

Edward looked like he was going to throw a tantrum, which Emmett snickered at, and Jasper let out a small smile, which didn't go unnoticed by Althea. She was silently celebrating the small achievement, she almost thought the blond was incapable of emotions. Almost.