01-10

Chapter 01

On September 19, 2019, at midnight, an asteroid carrying a devastating virus suddenly deviated from its orbit, hit the earth, and triggered a terrible virus storm.
Overnight, countless people were infected with the virus and became dehumanized, bloodthirsty and brutal living dead.
Immediately afterwards, the climate changed drastically, natural disasters occurred frequently, the environment was severely polluted, countless animals and plants died or changed, and the earth's ecosystem completely collapsed.
Mankind has ushered in the end times.
...
September 10, 2024 AD, five years in the last days.
Longcheng Base, S City, A Province.
The torrential rain that had lasted for a month finally stopped, the wind blew away, and a bright and full moon appeared in the sky.
Due to excessive rain, the Min River, which is less than 30 kilometers away from the base, flooded, and the number of zombies washed down from the upper reaches is increasing day by day.
In order to prevent the formation of a tide of corpses, the base organizes people to go out to hunt zombies during the day, and close all city gates at 7 o'clock in the evening to prevent zombies from attacking at night.
At this moment, the night was deep, and many stumbling figures appeared outside the cleaned base during the day, and the hideous roar echoed in the night sky from time to time, making the scalp numb.
Lin Luan struggled to climb the fence of the city wall, her skinny body trembling, as if she could be blown off the city wall by the biting night wind at any time, and there were three people behind her aggressively.
She barely stood still, panting, and looked down. The refugees who had previously lived at the foot of the city wall fled after the heavy rain. Now, there is only a shabby shack left there.
There is no way to go!
This was poured with reinforced concrete, a strong city wall 20 meters high, which not only blocked the zombie's advancement, but also blocked her way of life.
"...Smelly girl, you can fly a try. You really thought you were a birdman, I think you should be good, don't worry about your life..."
Wei Minghui yelled and cursed behind her, his undisguised scornful gaze was like looking at a beam jumping clown, whose tall body completely blocked her retreat.
Although Bai Yi and Gu Xinya on the side did not say anything badly, their conniving attitude also showed everything.
Obviously they were all familiar companions in the past, but at this moment, Lin Luan felt very strange.
"why......"
She tugged at her chapped lips and asked in a deep voice. The sound of long-term lack of water was as hoarse as the rubbing of gravel.
If it wasn't for her luck to wake up, I am afraid that she has now been sent to the Ability Research Institute by them to exchange for a new type of potion that can improve the ability.
Although in this cannibalistic world, betrayal and abandonment are happening all the time, she should have been used to it, but she still wants to ask the reason, at least, let her die.
"Lin Luan, don't blame us either..." Bai Yi spoke slowly, and his handsome face was no longer gentle.
"Your space abilities have not improved a little over the years. Even the second-level zombies can easily kill you. Who else would dare to take you out of the mission? There is no storage value. Your space is waste. It is better to use the crystal core. Contribute to fulfill all of us..."
Oh, at the expense of the ego, will everyone be perfect?
What a high-sounding reason!
Lin Luan twitched her lips, mocking and mocking herself.
Hasn't she paid enough for them over the years? Now that they are in despair, they are still thinking about how to squeeze out the last trace of her value. She is so blind that she will treat them as partners who depend on life and death.
It's a pity that they don't know that her distinctive space is not a mutation ability at all. Even if her whole body is dissected, it is impossible to extract the space nucleus they want.
"Sister Lin Luan, don't worry, now the power experiment is very mature. As long as a simple craniotomy, you can take out the crystal nucleus in your brain, it will not be life-threatening. And I am here, I promise not to It will leave you with a trace of scar..." Gu Xinya whispered softly, her voice softly like a spring rain in the south of the Yangtze River.
She was still the sweet and pleasant look at the beginning, because the healing power was stimulated, the hardships of the last days did not leave a trace on her body.
And what about yourself?
Lin Luan glanced at her scarred and callused hands, smiled silently, her deeply sunken eyes felt sorrow, but she couldn't shed half a tear from her dry eyes.
In order not to drag them down, she has done all the dirty work in the past six months, and even paralyzed in bed for a whole week without any care.
They are all the same team, all are supernaturalists, but they have lived out two extremes, which is really ironic!
Lin Luan raised his head and glanced at the sky. The moon tonight is very round and beautiful, and the sky illuminated by it is very bright, clean and clear, making people intoxicated, as if this purgatory-like apocalypse has never come.
In a daze, she heard her own voice asking, revealing the last trace of extravagant hope and struggle.
"Can you just let me go for the sake of my past love..."
"Affection? A selfish person like you damn dare to mention love?" Almost as soon as her voice fell, the irony and insult blasted in her ears again.
Wei Minghui spit fiercely, his eyes were full of mockery, "Anyone who has been sympathetic to you these years will have a good end? Uncle Qin, Lele, Wu Yihao... Which one was not killed by you? Oh...you don't want to think about it, if you didn't have a brain disease and ran to provoke Young Jiang, could Uncle Qin die? We can be suppressed everywhere, and even a dog is not as good as..."
When the long-lost names broke into his ears again, Lin Luan could no longer hear what he said behind him.
I only felt that her mind was overwhelmed, with vivid faces constantly emerging, and sorrow and guilt couldn't stop filling her heart.
Yes, everyone who cared about her died, and was killed by her selfishness, weakness and incompetence...
So, now her retribution is coming...
finally come!
"Ha ha ha..." Lin Luan suddenly couldn't help laughing, as if he had suppressed the emotions for a long time, and finally found an outlet for catharsis, and the sorrow of laughter was relieved.
Fortunately, instead of living like this, it's better to be relieved from death, at least you can go down to apologize to them!
Once the thought of committing suicide got into my mind, it was lingering.
When Lin Luan let go of her hand, she was about to jump, but suddenly there was a piercing sound in her ears.
The three people behind him were waiting for an opportunity. Seeing her emotional breakdown and letting down their vigilance at this moment, Bai Yi immediately urged the vines to be thrown at her.
However, what they didn't expect was that just as the vines were about to wrap Lin Luan, a cluster of scarlet light burst out of her palms, like a fire snake, leaping on the vines and spreading quickly.
Bai Yi was shocked, and hurriedly discarded the vine, but the back of his hand was still scorchingly painful.
"This, this is...fire?!"
Seeing the vine with the thickness of the child's wrist on the ground, all three of them stared in disbelief.
This waste can control fire?
How can it be? She has no fire abilities at all!
Wait, could it be said...
"That's right, I was suddenly in a coma with a high fever because of the awakening power..." Lin Luan pulled her lips and laughed sarcastically.
If it hadn't been because she woke up and found that she had awakened the fire power, and ran to find them excitedly, she wouldn't have heard their calculations. Thinking about it now, it would be really ridiculous.
Shock, jealousy, and excitement flashed across the faces of Bai Yi's trio, and finally they were completely occupied by greed and urgency.
This waste is really good for life, it has awakened the high-attack fire-type ability, and the color temperature and burning speed of the flame are even more unseen.
Dual-system power crystal nuclei are more valuable than single-system, let alone dual-system mutant power crystal nuclei, this time you can make a lot of money!
Lin Luan did not miss their brilliant expressions, the smiles on their faces were so brilliant that they were almost weird.
"Actually you are right, I am very selfish...so, it's mine, don't you want to take it away!"
After the words, she was already falling straight backwards in the eyes of the three of them panicking.
Her body fell rapidly, and the wind whispered in her ears. Soon, a sharp pain pierced her chest and spread all over her body.
The smelly blood filled the air, the roar of excitement was getting closer and closer along with the messy footsteps, and three persevering figures flashed on the city wall.
Lin Luan lay quietly in a pool of blood, looking at the quiet night sky.
So be it......
If there is an afterlife, she must stop living so selfishly and cowardly...
She thought in her heart, struggling to release the last trace of power in her body, and the crimson fire light instantly surrounded her, and the burning tongue licked all the traces that belonged to her..