Don't Worry (Part 1)

Here's an idea I just came up with

Edgar was in deep shit. A letter was sent to your home, the envelope being a dark royal blue and the seal being that of a dangerous family. It had arrived in the night, having been dropped off right in front of the door.

The only reason Edgar had gotten to it before you was because Edgar would often sit in the living room during the darkest hours of the day in lamp light, just thinking and sorting through the secret files in his briefcase that you were never going to see.

A light knock on the door had alerted him and when he opened there door, there was no one to be seen. All that was left, was the letter.

Unbeknownst to you, there were many organizations in your city. The had eyes everywhere, but none of them could compare to the family that was currently threatening Edgar's livelihood.

They were nearly at the top of the food chain, the Sokolowski Trading company. Now they weren't bad people, actually they did a lot for the community; but their youngest middle son, who was having a battle with his siblings to inherit the company, did not like Edgar.

During a business meeting, Edgar had let it slip that the company's best option would be to let the youngest son take over as young Antoni showed great promise and empathy just like his father. He would benefit the community and the economy just because the boy was a rarity, a kind prodigy.

The youngest middle son, Olek, did not like that thought. Olek was invoked in a lot of crime, and because of his family, the law often looked the other way. He thought he was untouchable, having threatened his two older brothers and his father with the large army of criminals. Olek was the head of a crime syndicate, an uncivil crime syndicate.

They sold drugs, had a lot of unregistered strip clubs, promoted prostitution, and they are one of the main distributors of forged money.

Olek was a pest in a garden of fruits. Luckily, in this garden was a spider with webs all over the city.

Which lead to Edgar packing a bag for a business trip to Olek's little beachside home that was two hours or so away.

"So sudden?" You said, rubbing you eyes as you sat up from bed. You wore Edgar's shirt from the day before. There was a trail of bruises all down the side of your neck and exposed shoulders. Your boss is working you to the bone." You grumbled, yawning.

Edgar forced a laugh. "I'll be back in a day, maybe sooner if I'm lucky." He glanced at you, his eyes catching the rising sun through your closed curtains. He released a real laugh at the sight of you cute pout. "You'll be fine."

"But it's the weekend..." You whined, sitting up more. "What am I going to do without you?"

"I texted my sister." Edgar said. He frowned. He had accidentally texted the group chat as he wasn't paying attention, his mind focused on breaking Olek's skull.

Both his brothers and his sister knew of the situation. His didn't like when his brothers went near you though. Luckily his eldest brother wouldn't be coming as he had volunteered to help Edgar with his situation instead.

Your husband recalled the letter the bastard had sent.

      Dear Motherfucker,
You have made a grave mistake embarrassing me. I will gut you in front of your family and then I'll fuck your grieving wife. Don't show your face at the next meeting or I will, as you Americans say, I will bust a cap in yo ass.

Not so kind regards,
        Olek J. Sokolowski

That filthy bastard...

"Penny is actually driving over right now." Edgar smiled, his eye twitching. "And Damien is coming too so I'm sure you won't be bored."

You nodded, hesitantly laying back down. You would have gotten up to hug him if tour lower body wasn't so sore.

Edgar zipped up his duffle bag. He stood up, straightening up his suit jacket. He always wore all black, but he always looked good in it. You grinned tiredly at at as he walked over to the side of the bed.

His facial expression was oddly sincere. He placed a hand on your head, rubbing your tangled hair gently.

He leaned over, giving you a gentle kiss on the lips.

He pinched his nose, making a stupid face. "Your breath stinks." He said, laughing when you began pouting again. It was his attempt at cheering you up—his very successful attempt.

"Shut up." You groaned. You tried to look angry, but your smile wouldn't stop growing. He knew how to make you smile. He loved seeing it and it filled him with strength. "Be careful for me okay?"

Edgar walked towards the door, picking up his duffel bag in one swift motion.

"Don't worry." He said.

It's short, but there's going to be more than one part to this story line.