"All I see is you"

You stood in front of the full body mirror in your bedroom, twisting and turning in a pair of jeans that you had not worn in a long time. You haven't worn a lot of your day clothes in a while, always wearing work clothing or sweats and one of Edgar's shirts.

You looked down at the tight, unbuttoned jeans. You sucked in your tummy, buttoning them, and zipped them up.

You smiled in the mirror, and then you released your breath only to see your stomach bulge. You sighed, putting your hands over your face in frustration.

You took off the jeans, leaving them on the bathroom floor as you walked back into your bedroom and over to your bed. Edgar was at a meeting so he wouldn't be home in a while. You figured you should clean up the mess you made—clothing were strewn all over the room—but seeing that most didn't fit like they used too made you feel almost lethargic.

You didn't look much different than you did when Edgar had asked you on your very first date, but you definitely didn't look like how you did when you were in college. And what was worse was that college wasn't even that long ago, yet you couldn't fit into your jeans or your cute tops. And you hated yourself for it.

You hated how you would suddenly become bloated or how you stomach spilled over your pants when you sat down. You hated that your tummy wasn't flat at all times.

You told yourself, as you looked into the mirror one last time, that you would never be beautiful. And then you climbed into bed and you cried.

When was the last time you cried like that? You had been so happy after your union, all smiles and cheery. You hadn't felt this bad in a very long time, crying so hard that it was beginning to give you a headache.

You clutched your husbands pillow. You hoped you'd feel better before he got home.

Since you and Edgar had been married, you rarely ever had episodes such as these. Edgar made you feel beautiful all the time, him singing your praise at all hours no matter how you looked. His eyes saw you and your imperfections as something purposeful.

He loved your smile, but didn't care that your teeth weren't bleached white. He loved your legs, but didn't mind that you didn't shave them. He adored your face, cooing about your flushed cheeks, but his eyes saw your breakouts as a perfectly normal part of anatomy.

Edgar loved all of you.

You just wished you could love yourself as much as he loved you.

__________________

When you woke up, it was it was storming outside. The room was pitch black save for the flash of light that flooded in every time lighting struck. You yawned climbing out of bed to see that all the clothing you left were picked up and put away. You stumbled through the house, making your way to the living room. From there, you could hear a low voice mumbling curses.

You took slow steps, trying to navigate through the darkness. Crouched down by the TV was the silhouette of your husband. He turned his head to look to your direction. It was like he had a sensor that always knew when you were near.

"The power went out." He said. He squinted at the darkness. "You are my wife right?"

You chuckled slightly. "I could be a burglar." You joked, your voice slight hoarse from having just woken up. Talking to your husband always made you feel better.

He stood up, walking towards the coffee table slowly as to avoid tripping over it. He ran his hand across the top of it, finding what he was looking for.

You heard a click, and then another, and suddenly the was a small flame illuminating your husbands handsome face.

He lit a candle.

Now that the room was dimly lit, he beckoned you over. "I didn't think you were one for walking around in your panties, wifey." He teased. You, being too tired to be flustered, brushed him off, walking over to him just like he asked.

He took your hand gently into his, guiding you to sit next to him on the sofa. He wrapped an arm around you, pulling you a little closer as you two snuggled on the couch. He kissed your temple.

"How are you?" He asked.

You snorted, letting out a breathy laugh. "What do you mean? Nothing has changed since this morning."

Edgar kissed your temple again. "I came home early and you were in bed." He pulled you into his lap. "Not to mention all the clothes too..."

You closed your eyes, humming with acknowledgement. Internally, you felt very anxious. You didn't know how to answer him. You didn't want to lie, but you didn't want to tell the truth either. You didn't want to damper his mood with something as trivial as not being able to wear your old clothes. "I'm okay." You said. "I'm good enough..."

Edgar huffed. "I won't force you to tell me." He mumbled. He gently began to play with your hair, using his fingers to detangle the strands. "But do know that I'll always love you."

Him saying that helped a lot. The longer you two stayed close like that, the more at peace you felt. You had a husband that loved you. You didn't need to be a supermodel. It was okay that you couldn't fit your old jeans. As long as you were healthy and happy.

He didn't even need to say anything did he? You could feel it just by the way he held you.

You could tell that all he saw was you.