Don't Worry (End)

You spent the day with Edgar's siblings. They took you out to eat, and Edgar's sister took you out shopping while his brother served as the designated bag carrier. Though, his brother did buy some new pants so everyone got something.

Eventually, as the sun began to lower in the sky; you, Penelope and Damien parted ways. They dropped you off at home, both of them hugging you goodbye before they left.

Your house was dark and empty, something that you never got used to no matter how many business trips your husband went on. You found your heart aching when he wasn't home. You two would often cuddle on the couch and play games or just talk, and your conversations would go on for hours at a time. In felt like you never got enough of him because one week you two would be together and then the next week he has to go to a different region or go to a city five hours away.

You kicked off your shoes, leaving them by the door. You walked through the house, hoping that you would find Edgar lounging somewhere. However, just like you suspected, he definitely wasn't home.

You went up to your bedroom. You removed your clothing, throwing everything in the hamper.

You began going through your closet for some sleep wear. Your eyes drifted to your husband's side of the closet.

Those shirts looked comfy.

You took a dark gray dress shirt from one of the hangers. If you closed your eyes, you could smell Edgar's cologne. You put on the shirt, buttoning only a few bottoms in the middle half-hazardously. You walked over to your unmade bed. You had forgotten to fix it up before you left.

You crawled into Edgar's side of the bed, and being tired from a day of running around the city, you almost instantly fell asleep.

You had a vivid nightmare about him leaving you all alone, him falling out of love.

__________________

Edgar was finally home. The moon was nearly at its highest point. He would have shown up earlier, but he had decided to call an acquaintance of his, Demetrius, and his crew to come clean up Olek's lake house and escort the women and young man home. It was out of the kindness of his heart or rather, the kindness that you shared with him that he had decided to share just once. Of course, he made sure to tell Demetrius to threaten them so they wouldn't talk about the events that took place, embedding them with a fear of life imprisonment.

Still, letting them live was an act of kindness on its own and they had Finneas to thank for that.

Edgar was starting to understand that in order to be the man you though he was, he had to play the part even when you weren't looking. He had to be more careful and less reliant on his connections. He had to make sure he never gets caught. Most of all, he had to take responsibility for his own actions.

He took off his shoes by the door, walking through the living room while he undid his tie. He walked into the kitchen. It was clean, untouched since he left.

He bent down, taking some trash bags from under the sink, and then he walked into the laundry room. He removed his suit, putting his clothing in the black bags. It was trash day tomorrow anyway, so he would take it out with everything else. After that, he put on some sweatpants that were in the drier.

He went back into the kitchen, washing his face in the sink and wetting his hair a little just to get any blood he missed. Once he was satisfied, he began cooking.

He hadn't eaten all day. He didn't even realize how hungry he was until he was already walking up the driveway, so he was cooking a little carelessly, but it was nothin too loud or dangerous was what he thought. Unbeknownst to him, the clicking and clacking of pans had woken you up.

You tiredly made your way down to the kitchen, pausing when you noticed the light was on. You could hear your husband humming as he cooked what smelled like eggs.

Your footsteps quickened until you were in the doorway of the kitchen, your eyes sparkling as you saw your husband's strong back and dark hair. You heard a click, the distinct sound of the stove being switched off. He moved his pan from the hot eye and turned to grab a plate.

It was magical when his eyes met yours. His eyes widened when he saw you standing in the doorway, wearing one of his shirts. You buttoned it unevenly. You must've felt lonely while he was away.

Edgar's expression looked blank, but his eyes glittered at the sight of you. He was stunned for some reason, enchanted by your sudden appearance. He assumed his siblings would have taken out all night like they usually did when they were granted to rare occasion of seeing you. But you were here, waiting on him.

He opened his arms, ready to embrace you.

You hesitantly took a step forward, afraid that this was just a dream. You couldn't look at his face, scared that you would be met with coldness. After a while, you walked into his embrace, wrapping you arms tenderly around him, You didn't cry, or squeal. You never had reactions like that even when he is gone for weeks at a time.

He placed a hand on your head. "Did you miss me?" He said quietly. His distinctive voice was light on the ears. Finally looked up at him. His eyes were warm, reassuring, and beautiful. He looked tired too.

"Always." You said softly. You looked passed him, at the food on the stove. He made scrambled eggs with salt and pepper. "Do you want me to make you some more food?" You asked.

Edgar would have said yes if it wasn't so late at night. "It's not good to eat too much before bed." He murmured shyly. You smiled, walking past him to the stove top. That smile of yours always managed to make him blush.

"I won't make too much." You said.

You were lying.

Soon you had made pancakes, turkey bacon, and hash browns to go with the scrambled eggs that Edgar had already prepared. You didn't make any for yourself because you weren't particularly hungry, but Edgar did offer you bits and pieces from his own plate, effectively splitting his meal before you realized it.

He offered you another bite of his stack of pancakes, but you didn't open you mouth for it like usual. You just smiled, your eyes only focused on his as you rested your elbow on the counter top.

Edgar heart skipped a beat as you took the fork from his hands and set it down gently on his plate. You placed a tender hand on his cheek, urging him closer to you.

You kissed him gently on his left cheek. You looked up at him again, before you did the same to his right cheek. His breath left him when you finally kissed him on the lips. He could feel how much you cherished him each time you lips met his skin.

"What..." He sighed dreamily. "What happened while I was gone?"

You though about what happened with Penelope and her ex boyfriend, you though about the fact that it could happen to you—how afraid you were to see Edgar and find out that he just didn't love you anymore. And you smiled, knowing that him not loving you wasn't going to happen any time soon.

"Nothing bad." You said.

"Don't worry."

Don't worry <3
Well that's the end of that. I'm gonna go back to writing the random scenarios I think of at 3am now...