Persuasive

Your husband had a way with words. He had this charm, this ability to convince others to do just about anything. He was trustworthy and incredibly charismatic. The man was so talented that he got you to think he was your soulmate after like five months of dating. You still though of him as such and you haven't doubted it, not once.

He was your soulmate... right?

After your marriage, he didn't really need much persuasion these days•that's what you assumed—but outside the house he did a lot of talking.

"You'll stay away won't you?" Edgar said, leaning on the wall.

There was a muffled sob. There in the center of what looked like an abandoned warehouse, was a young man with a burlap sack over his head. He was strapped and tied to a metal and plastic chair. He was a arrogant but sweet young man, probably nineteen or twenty, who got an internship at your place of work. You had been helping him with everything, being tasked with mentoring him and all. You were always kind and cheerful, that's part of the reason why Edgar loved you so, but during recent days, you husband noticed that people took advantage of your kindness. Your very aura attracted people to you, strange and dangerous people and Edgar knew that.

The boy was getting attached, asking you to go with him for coffee and inviting out for lunch. He saw how the boy would lean a little too close to you when you would help him with his computer, or how you two always seemed to be laughing together and having fun.

Edgar was jealous, so horribly bothered and offended by what he would see and he could t even help you, opting to stay in the shadows. How dare someone try to get in the way of his marriage. It just happened and people are already trying to pounce on you. Can't they see the ring?

Edgar didn't know if he wanted you to keep your job anymore. He wanted to let your have your fun playing breadwinner, but he wasn't so sure anymore. He could support you both and he would never have to worry about boys trying to get your attention again.

"I've got eyes and ears all over little one." Edgar sighed, taking a look at his watch. You should be getting the message that the newbie at work had been terminated for embezzling money from the company. You would want nothing to do with him if you thought he was a thief. And him suddenly being fired would be dismissed by you simply because of your distain for the situation.

"Do you like her, Mr. Taylors was it?"

"You leave her out of this!" Said man yelled. "She did nothing wrong!"

Edgar laughed bitterly, having to grip the wall to prevent falling over. He circled the chair like a predator would it's prey. "You are very right." He said, chuckling. "She did absolutely nothing wrong."

"Then what do you want!? Please... I just... I just want to go home..." The young man began to sob once again. The sack over his head was beginning to make him feel claustrophobic. He was having such a hard time breathing and his heat hurt.

"Would you be willing to give me what I want?"

"Please.... please.."

Edgar stopped right in front of the chair, pulling the sack from the man's face. Noah Taylors was met with a familiar sight. This man was often talking to many important individuals in the company, many of which look similar to him. He noticed that the head manager, the CEO, the chairman, the head of sales, and the head of public services all had dark hair and these strange reddish eyes like they were all related. It was strange to him, but he brushed it off, knowing that it was none of his business.

He can now see that the man before him was more powerful than just some street thug. He was involved with an organization and that alone scared him more than anything.

"I'll do anything."

Edgar smiled at him. He's smile was small and sweet and the way the skin around his eyes crinkled a little was something you always found charming. Though usually, you don't see murderous intent behind his grin.

The was a bang and that was followed by a scream. Blood was gushing out of his knee and if he survived, he surely wouldn't be able to walk again.

"F–fuck—" Noah whimpered, the adrenaline rushing through his veins slowly numbing the pain. "Fu—fuck you..."

"I'm sorry— I'm sorry, it seems that I had missed." Edgar said mockingly, getting ready to take another shot. His golden wedding band glistening as he took aim again.

"What would your wife think!" Noah yelled, trying to prolong his life. If he didn't die from a shot to the head, he would die from a heart attack. It felt as though the organ would beat right out of his chest.

"My wife?" Edgar frowned.

"Yeah, what would she say if she knew... if she knew you were obsessing over some girl at work, if she knew you were going to kill someone!" Noah yelled, his voice strained. He was getting tired, and his head hurt.

Edgar's eyes narrowed. "Eh? You speak too much."

"No no no—"

"Thank you for your cooperation."

A gunshot echoed throughout the warehouse. Edgar had been wearing black gloves and a black suit to hide any blood that got on him. He wasn't worried about the police as they probably wouldn't do much anyway, not in the neighborhood he was in. He was pretty much free to leave the scene as is— without any repercussions, but he was a little more courteous than that. He whipped out his cellphone, calling one of his most trusted allies.

"Hey Demetrius ... yeah yeah I know... I've made a mess. Send a clean up crew for me." He said nonchalantly. "I'll get into details some other time. Yeah, yeah... I'll send my location."

Edgar's gaze bore into the lifeless body that was once pleading and sobbing. He held his gun out, remembering how close the boy was to you just a few hours before. It annoyed him.

The gun went off again and again and once more. All the anger and rage and jealousy being released all at one. Edgar hated Noah's face. He didn't really have to kill the boy, but the way Mr. Taylor spoke, like how he was going to protect you for him, your own husband. He's met cowards like him before. Men who try to stay heroic but chicken out in the end.

"I suppose I can't be too mad." Edgar said, flicking Noah's nose. "You were so young. You didn't know what you were doing."

He looked at his watch and he perked up. You would be coming home early since you didn't have to help the brat anymore. He sighed dreamily. He couldn't wait to get home to you. Maybe he would get there early enough to make you something to eat and you both could cuddle on the sofa. Or maybe you be so tired that you'd fall asleep right in his arms.

The possibilities were endless and every outcome seemed to be satisfactory.

He laughed, his voice reverberating off the stone walls.  "I'll be home soon."

Hope that was good. I'm think of making another chapter where he actually persuades someone instead of killing them. Anyway, hope you guys are safe. Stay healthy!