Chapter 30

Roselyns POV

It was the last day of winter break. Lily sent me a letter and asked if I wanted to meet up at hogsmeade. I had to hide it from James because he would have lost his mind.

I told mom that I was going and she distracted him. I finally saw lily and ran up to her and hugged her.

"It's only been two weeks,"

"Two weeks without you,"

"Ok ok want to go and get some butterbeer,"

"Of course," I said linking arms and walking with her.

"So how are you doing with Sirius?"

"Way better. I mean he did come over three days after the ball. He just showed up at my house. We got in the biggest agreement ever. James has been there for me. I know he is annoying and all but my brother can actually be a good human sometimes,"

"I'll believe it when I see it," she said and we both laughed. We walked into the Three Broomsticks, "so he just showed up,"

"Yeah and then James got him out of the house for me,"

"Well are you over him,"

"Yeah, actually I was thinking about going on a date to really help me forget about him,"

"Oooo... a date?"

"Yeah, maybe ask someone out when we get back to school or something. I mean Ash is really cute and nice,"

"Ash is the Hufflepuff player right?"

"Yeah," we continued to talk for awhile and then left.

"So now can we go to the book store?"

"Yes Rose, I was wondering how long it was going to take you to ask,"

"Haha, your really funny," I said sarcastically. I pull out a cigarette and lighter. I light the cigarette and we started walking.

"Smoking?" She said looking at me.

"Yes, now stop judging let's go,". While walking lily tried to talk away my cigarette. I wouldn't let her. She kept calling it a cancer stick. Right before we walked in I took one more puff and threw the cigarette on the floor.

"Thank Merlin, you stopped smoking,"

"Ok I will stop smoking in front of you," I say opening the door for her.

"Thank you,"

When we walked in I saw the old lady who runned the shop.

"Hello Ms. Wheeler,"

"Good morning Roselyn, how's it going?"

"It's going good since I'm about to buy a million books,"

"Well your the reason I stay open," she says handing me a paper, "this paper is the new books that are coming in soon,"

"Ok I can't wait," I say taking the paper and going to get books.

It has been two hours in the shop and I came out with 27 books. The bags were insanely heavy.

"You bought so many books," lily said.

"Yeah but I'm gonna read them all," i say grabbing another cigarette out of my pocket and lighting it. Me and lily where talking about everything we did during the Christmas break. She told me about her sister brought so guy. She said that he makes James look like the best person ever.

"Hey why don't we walk the other way?" Lily said pushing me that way.

"Hey dude, stop pushing. We just came from there,"

"Yeah but I probably missed something,"

"Lily come on and stop being weird," I say pulling her. I turn around and see Sirius. Now I know why she wanted to go the other way.

I continued to walk by him. He as with Remus and he stared at me.

"Roselyn can I talk to you?" He asked me.

"What is there to talk about?" I asked.

"I just want to say sorry,"

"Fine," me and Sirius walked over to the side, "I'll give you five minutes,"

"I'm so sorry Roselyn. I was drunk and wasn't thinking right. That's not an excuse for what I did but I'm sorry. I wish I could change everything. I have ruined our relationship and friendship. I know that we have been through some stuff and I told you I would be there for you. I wasn't there for you at all and I regret it so much. I'm so sorry Rose,"

"I know that your sorry because of your stupid amount of letters but I don't think I can forgive you just yet. People say forgive and forget but I have never understood it. I get that you need to forgive but you should never forget and that's what this is. I can never forget about this. When I do forgive you I hope that we can rebuild this relationship. You were there for me when other people weren't there," I took a puff of smoke from my cigarette I still had in my hand.

"Can I ask you one thing?" I nod my head. "Is James ever going to talk to me again?"

"Of course he is. He is your best friend. You guys have done everything together for the last five years but he is mad at you. I have told him that there is no reason for him to not be your friend because of me but he won't listen. He will come around though,"

"I'm sorry Roselyn,"

"I know," I said and walked away. I walked up to lily and Remus. "Nice to see you Remus,"

"Nice to see you too. How's your break going?"

"Interesting but this is the last day so I'm trying to make the most of it,"

"I'm doing the same, so I got to go but I'll see you tomorrow,"

"Ok bye,"

After that I told lily everything that happened. She told me that I handled it right. I finally got home and put my books on my desk.

I got in bed and fell asleep right away.

Love you Dinosaurs 🦕