[Chapter 5]: Party-Ready?

Harry pulled into the driveway of his new house, parking his truck next to his mother's car before exiting. He entered the side door which led into the kitchen. His mother, Anne was standing on a chair putting away some dishes from a box from the move. 

"Afternoon love, how was your first day of school?" Anne asked standing on her toes as she slid some old dishes into the top cabinet. Harry moved quickly over to her, placing his arms around her to make sure she didn't fall off the chair. 

"Geez, mum at least try to be careful. It was fine. I met a couple of interesting lads so the day was quite eventful." Harry told her as he helped her down from the chair. 

His response caused his mother to raise an eyebrow at her son curiously as if to imply something. Harry rolled his eyes and shook his head.

 "No, not in that way mum, although I could fancy a snog with each of them."  

This caused Anne to smack Harry in the arm playfully. "You dog." She joked before leaning against the counter with her arms crossed. "So any plans for tonight or do you fancy helping me unpack the rest of the house?"

"As fun as that sounds mum, I actually have plans. I got invited to a party, so I think I have to pass on your offer love." Harry said with a smile before pecking her cheek and darting upstairs to his bedroom. 

Anne chuckled as her son ran up the stairs before resuming her project of unpacking the kitchen. Harry on the other hand went digging through the clothes he had managed to put away in his closet. 

"Formal? Casual? Lazy? I've never been to a fucking party before in my life.

Harry eventually just decided on a basic white T-shirt, black skinny jeans, and some random black shoes. 

"Simple but effective." 

He looked down at his phone at the address that Zayn had sent him. 

["Flash Back"]

"So Curly? You like parties?" 

"I...I've never.." 

"Good, so I'll meet you there," Zayn said as he grabbed the curly-haired lad's phone, saving his number in there before sending Harry the address. "See you tonight curly," Zayn said walking off leaving Harry Speechless.

"Okay...See you then Zayn." Harry said Nervously. 

["Flash Back Ends"]

The address literally was right down the road. "Thankfully if I get hammered, I don't have to travel far." He thought to himself before he decided to unpack the rest of his room, before getting ready. 

A few hours later and Harry was now dressed and getting ready to head out the door. It was about ten minutes till nine and he thought this would be the perfect time to head over to the party. 

"Oh well, don't you look dashing?" Anne asked turning down the television and turning to face her son as he came down the stairs. "Thanks, mum, I'm gonna head off now." He said running a hand through his curls. Anne stood up and walked over to her young son engulfing him in a large hug. 

"Oh, darling have a good time." She cheered causing Harry to groan. 

"Mum." He groaned causing Anne to chuckle. 

"My baby boy is growing up and going to his first party. So now he can't even give his dear old mum a cuddle before he leaves.

"Dear God."

"I didn't think after everything that happened back in our old town that you would ever--"

"Mum can we not do this now? I have to go."

"In other words, I don't want to talk about it." 

Anne let Harry go pecking his cheek a few times before shooing him away. "Don't stay out too late love, you'll have me worried." 

"Don't worry mum, I'll be home at a decent time," Harry said walking over to the front door.

"And use protection!" With that, Harry closed the door and followed the sound of the loud music coming from up the road.