Chapter 7

No edits/grammar check yet

~~~~

Leo paced back in forth in the now-empty hallway. Thoughts raced throughout his mind. Guilt clutched at him. He could hear the principal's strict and firm voice past the door to her office.

"Before your punishment is decided, I want you to state your side of the story," he heard her say, "It's not like you to be involved in fights, much less considering you're the captain of your club."

It was silent before he could hear Y/N start speaking. "I was defending someone from him."

"Who?"

"Leo..."

"Leo? Leonardo Hamato?"

"Yes."

The principal sighed. "Mr. (R/L/n) claimed that he was only talking to Mr. Hamato. Afterward, you came and picked a fight with him without giving a reason."

"Tch... Of course, he said that..."

"I've known you, Mr. L/N. I hear lots of good things about you from your club's faculty advisor. I see no reason that you would go up to any student and pick a fight simply because. Unfortunately, I still have to give you some sort of punishment, considering you did injure him."

"..."

"You'll be given a suspension of four days for the injuring of a student."

Leo clutched his shirt tightly, his heart pounding loudly in his chest. Minutes later, the door to the principal's office opened up. Y/N stepped out, the principal behind him.

"There you are," the nurse said to (R/N), who was exiting the nurse's office. "Mrs. Mandalena."

"Thank you, Mr. Erling. I'll take it from here," Mrs. Mandalena said, motioning (R/N) over to her office. 

As (R/N) passed by, he sent a glare toward Y/N. Mrs. Mandalena got in between them. "I suggest you don't provoke anyone, Mr. (R/L/n). Head inside and take a seat."

The principal then turned to Y/N, her expression still firm. "For now, Y/N, please take a seat here. That goes for you as well, Mr. Hamato."

The door then closed. Leo was hesitant to meet eyes with Y/N, but he turned to face him properly. "I... I'm sorry..."

Y/N sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. A soft smile graced his face. "It's alright, Leo."

"No. It's not alright. I got you involved in something that had nothing to do with you--"

"Hey."

Leo stopped talking, seeing how Y/N's expression changed. 

"It has everything to do with me. We look out for each other. Therefore, if you're involved, so am I. It wasn't just your problem. In the first place, you yourself had nothing to do with them. You were needlessly involved because of G/N."

Leo sighed. "You're right... Still, I froze up. I should've stepped up and taken him on myself."

"No way."

"Huh?"

"Listen. I know you're strong and all, but the last thing I want is for you to get involved with that kind of person. Regardless of whether you kick his ass once or twice, he keeps coming back."

Leo's eyes widened. "Really?"

"He's the 'gift' that keeps on giving. He's like herpes," Y/N said with a straight face.