Chapter 5

Y/N panted as he tried to catch his breath. The end of his shinai was pointed at his opponent, who was currently on the ground. Their own shinai had slid across the floor a little ways away from their reach.

[Idk how kendo really works, just keep that in mind]

He set down his shinai and helped the other person to their feet. Mikey's eyes shone with amazement. Master Wu Lee grinned with pride. "I expected nothing less from the club's captain."

The other three gasped as the person standing took off the headgear, revealing themselves to be Y/N himself. "Captain?!"

This got Y/N's attention. He smiled and handed the shinai to someone before walking towards them. "Welcome to the Kendo Club. I'm Y/N L/N, the captain."

"EH?!?!"

"Y/N, you never told us that!"

He chuckled. "Well, you never asked."

"That was amazing!" Mikey shouted. "When you went 'swoosh'! And then, 'bam'! And then--"

"Alright, we get it! Shut your trap!"

Mikey pouted. "So mean~"

Their argument was cut short when the kendo cub's instructor spoke. "I would say new recruits would have to get approved by the captain and I. But, on this rare occasion, it is the captain who recommended you to me. You four should be honored. It's not often that Y/N brings by anyone he recommends."

They were left speechless. "Please, Sensei. Don't say it like I'm strict about what I look for."

He chuckled at Y/N's words. "My boy, your standards for anyone entering this dojo are very high!"

The h/c-ette sighed. "Anyway, gather 'round, everyone. Let's get started, shall we?"

--

"I feel so sore~" Mikey whined.

"It's 'cuz you play video games all day, Mikey."

Raph scoffed. "He's rarely done training."

"Hey! I do too!"

"I didn't think Sensei Wu Lee would be so strict with the training regiment. It's amazing how you do this every day."

"Yeah, well, I grew used to it. The work and training's not so heavy on me like it used to be. But, in all honesty, we don't usually start recruits off with such a strict training regiment. Maybe you guys were a special case."

"That could be true."

"So, see you guys tomorrow?"

"Huh? Hold on, Y/N. I thought you were gonna stay over and play video games."

"Yeah, sorry, Mikey. But, I got lots to do tonight. I'm sorry. Maybe next time!" Y/N answered as he ran off, waving at them.

Mikey grew disappointed, watching Y/N's figure disappear in the distance. "This really sucks~" he whined.

"Come on. Let's go."

They looked around before lifting the manhole cover and going in. "Ah. You're back. How was your first day?"

"Eh. It was weird. Human school is full of weirdos."

"I thought it was fun! But, there was something I couldn't understand. I think it was called 'math'? Anyway, it was like learning a different language, dude!"

"I don't know. I thought it was pretty easy."

"Huh?!"

"I knew Donnie would say that, but Leo?!"