Chapter 11

A yawn escaped past Naomi's lips as she finished putting her stuff in the trunk. Behind her, her brother was carrying a cooler filled with all sorts of drinks and food. He placed it on the opposite side of his sister's stuff.

"Thanks," she said, shutting the door.

"Are you sure you'll be okay driving? You look dead. And not just on the inside."

"And you look like a bargain bin Ayato. Now move. I'm tired, but I'll use it as an excuse for why I ran you over."

Her brother laughed to himself as he headed back inside. "Shitty brat..." she muttered as she got into the driver's seat. "Alright... A little music to get me going..."

Once she got her playlist going, she pulled out of her driveway and headed off to her first stop. 

"...the icing on top... glitter I dropped..." she sang quietly to herself, tapping her finger on the steering wheel. "...keep me hollow til' tomorrow... won't I bother you with all my... with all my..."

She turned down the music once she pulled up in front of Melina's house. The door to the house was opened. When she saw Melina step out, Naomi got out of the car.

"Good morning."

"Morning," Naomi replied, grabbing one of Melina's bags.

Together, they walked to the back of the car. Naomi opened up the door, allowing them to put the stuff down. Once Melina was sure she had everything, she hopped into the passenger's seat.

"Take care, Melina. You too, Naomi," Melina's mother said.

"You watch over her, alright?" Melina's father added.

The silver-haired girl grinned. "Always. We'll be back soon."

The two girls waved goodbye before Naomi drove away from the house. "I was thinking of getting breakfast after we pick up the boys. Craving anything in particular?"

Melina thought for a bit. "Well... I guess we could stop by that diner near my workplace. The food's really good."

Naomi grinned. "Cool. Then, we'll go there."

They talked some more about everything Naomi had brought, where they'd be staying, and just scheduling everything out. Soon enough, Naomi pulled up in front of Y/N's apartment. She took out her phone and sent him a text.

Upstairs, Y/N was grabbing the last of his things. The brothers were already up, bags in hand. He closed the door to his room and grabbed his keys off the table.

"She's here. Let's go."

Y/N locked the door behind them, then led them down to where Naomi was waiting. As the road the elevator down to the first floor, Mikey jumped in excitement. It would be the first time he'd see the beach. 

The (h/c)-ette's expression softened at the sight. He was glad to see that he was excited about their little trip. Although the other three were sleepy, he could still sense their excitement. Soon enough, they'd reached the first floor.

They left the apartment building and went in search of Naomi. She had sent a text earlier saying she was driving her parents' minivan. Eventually, they found it and piled inside.

"It'll be a while, so I was thinking of getting breakfast," she said.

"Sounds good," Y/N replied.

The brothers all agreed to the idea as well. With the windows up once more, Naomi reached over and turned up the volume. She drove away from the complex and made her way to the diner they'd agreed on.