Chapter 8

Leo laid awake, repeating the words Mikey had uttered to himself.

No way...

He felt a sort of pain in his chest. If what Mikey had muttered in his dream was true, then it meant he had to compete against his own brother. The thought bothered him. But eventually, he was able to fall asleep again. But, the thought was still at the back of his mind, pestering him.

Hours passed before the brothers gradually began waking up. Leo slowly got up, stretching his limbs. He could hear Donnie in the next room, messing with his gadgets. Near the TV, Mikey was playing video games. On the other side, Raph was still sleeping.

I should probably go see him...

He grabbed one of the hoodies Y/N had given him, which had been lying nearby, and slipped it on. "Hey, bro. Where are you going?" Mikey asked, noticing him.

"Oh, uh... I just wanted to walk outside for a little bit."

Leo was hoping Mikey would take that. And he did. Mikey shrugged and continued playing. Leo sighed internally, taking his chance to leave. Once he was up above, he began making his way around the city.

I...turn right when I get to that bakery... I think.

He turned right, continuing to walk down the sidewalk. But, the further he walked, the more he realized he didn't know which way to go next. His head turned in every direction, panicking. That was, until, he heard a honk behind him. He quickly turned, defensive. But, he relaxed when he saw it was Casey.

--

"You got lost trying to find Y/N's place?" Casey asked before laughing, "You are so off, dude!"

"It's not funny."

Leo sunk back in the seat, staring out of the window. Casey then pulled into the parking lot of an apartment building. "This is the place," he said, resting his arm on the steering wheel.

Leo got off, his eyes looking up at the building. Casey lowered the window. "Don't tell me you don't know his apartment number either."

When Leo was silent, Casey sighed. He turned off his car and got off. "Come on. I'll show you."

--

Both now stood in front of a door. Casey reached out and knocked. On the other side of the door, Y/N had been laying on the couch, phone in hand. He forced himself to get up, heading over to the door. Once he opened it, he was surprised to see Casey and Leo.

"That's rare."

"I brought him here cuz he got lost trying to find your pla--"

Before he could finish his sentence, Leo had elbowed him in the stomach. Y/N stifled his laughter, seeing the black-haired male holding his stomach.

"You deserved that."

"Is that how you thank me...?!"

The (h/c)-ette rolled his eyes. "Bye, Casey."

"Fine. I'll be heading off now," Casey said, giving a wave before walking off, still holding his stomach.

They both watched as he left before Y/N turned to Leo. He stepped aside, letting him in. "Thank you," Leo muttered.

"Yeah..."

Y/N grabbed the blanket and pillow off of the couch, motioning Leo to sit down. Leo took notice, hearing the (h/c)-ette walk to his room and then come back empty-handed. "Is...someone else here?"

"Hmm? Oh. My mom was, but she went home earlier. She had been at the bar down the street with her friends. They brought her here, so I let her sleep in my room."