Chapter 9

"Bye, Y/N! See ya!" Mikey said, following his brothers out.

Leo glanced at the h/c-ette over his shoulder, hesitant to meet his gaze. Y/N only smiled. "Get home safe."

"Yeah..."

Y/N watched as they headed down the hall before he closed the door to his apartment. He sighed and ran his hands through his hair. His face felt warm.

What to do...

--

The next day, as Y/N was getting ready to go out and get groceries, he heard a knock at his front door. He guessed it might've been his neighbor, a woman in her mid-thirties, who often asked Y/N if he could run errands for her in exchange for money. Those errands were typically things she couldn't do easily, like grab some groceries, because of the injury she sustained to her legs at her workplace. With no nearby family, he offered his assistance while she heals.

However, when he opened the door, it wasn't his neighbor. Instead, it was a certain brother he knew. "Morning...!"

"Morning. What's up?"

"Oh, uh... Hmm..." Mikey thought for a second, "I came here for something..."

It was silent for a few seconds before his eyes widened in realization. "Right! Video games--!"

Y/N immediately covered Mikey's mouth. "Uh, Mikey... People are still sleeping."

"Sorry," he responded, his voice muffled.

The h/c-ette let go and recalled what he had said. "What was it about video games?"

Mikey excitedly grabbed a crumbled-up flyer from his pocket and handed it to the h/c-ette. "I saw this on my way home yesterday. A new game came out and it looks super cool...!"

Y/N saw the way Mikey's eyes sparkled. "Can you come with me?"

The h/c-ette couldn't exactly deny, especially with how adorably excited Mikey looked. "Alright."

"Yay--! Oh... Sorry..."

--

The bell above the shop's door rang as Y/N and Mikey stepped in. "Welcome," the cashier greeted.

Mikey's eyes darted everywhere. "Are you looking for anything in particular?"

Y/N turned to the employee, handing them the crumpled-up flyer. "We were wondering if you happened to have this?"

The employee took the flyer and looked over it. "Ah, that one. Well, you're in luck."

They then turned and walked to one shelf, motioning to a game. "This is our very last one. Most of the hard copies were sold yesterday."

Mikey ran over and picked it up. "Oh, wow!"

Y/N's glanced over the price tag, making his eyes widen. "That's...expensive..."

The blond-haired male turned to the h/c-ette with the game in hand. "Look, look! It says you can play with up to five people!"

The employee smiled and motioned toward the counter. "I'd be happy to bag it up for you."

Without hesitation, Mikey followed after the employee, Y/N trailing close behind. The employee rang it up. "That'll be $64.20."

Silence ensued shortly after those words came out of the employee's mouth. "$64...20?" Mikey repeated, tilting his head.

"Yes, sir."

"Umm..."

"Mikey?" Y/N said, "You...do know that these cost money, right?"