Chapter 12

Y/N sweatdropped as all four stood around him, waiting for his answer. "Uh... Well..."

Their gazes only seemed the sharpen the longer he stayed quiet. He looked between all four brothers, but their intense eye contact with him was causing his mind to blank out. 

He couldn't choose. To pick would be to disappoint; that was the last thing Y/N wanted to do. And so--

"Actually, I thought that maybe we could leave that for later...? You know, since we kinda have to hurry down to the beach if we want a spot," He said swiftly, wanting to disperse the intense atmosphere immediately.

He stood there, hoping that they would accept the answer for now. The brothers all turned to each other, seemingly thinking about it. Eventually, though, they just gave in and nodded.

"Okay," they answered.

An instant wave of relief hit the (h/c)-ette. He flashed a smile and gestured to his bag. "Well, then, let's get ready to head out again."

At that, the four went over to their own bags and began gathering what they needed. Y/N let out a quiet sigh, glad that they had accepted his answer for the moment.

Though now, they would be expecting one from him later. Still, it was better to think it through rather than give an answer right then and there. So, once they were changed and were sure they had what they needed, they met up with the girls and headed down to hunt for a spot to lay out their towels.

Fortunately, they had arrived at a good time. The beach wasn't as crowded as they expected it to be, so finding a good spot wasn't so hard. But it might've simply been because they'd arrive just in time. 

They laid their stuff down and began setting out the goods. Naomi placed the cooler near the pole of the umbrella and a bag full of snacks next to it. While she busied herself with organizing the food and such, Melina and Y/N set out the towels so there was enough space for all of them to sit.

With the three busy preparing their spot, the four brothers were caught up in taking in the sights. It had been overwhelming at first, being around so many people at once, but they gradually adjusted to the ambiance.

Now, they were just excited to be at the beach. Though, Donnie was starting to get nervous again. He wasn't confident in his swimming abilities now that he and his brothers were human. It was different, he thought.

But, of course, Raph caught his worried expression and hit his back playfully. "What are you getting worried about?" he asked, a teasing grin on his face. "Getting scared of the water?"

Donnie folded his arms over his chest, sending a glare over to his brother. "I'll have you know that I'm not scared of the water."

"Oh? Is that so?" he pressed on.

"It is," Donnie responded.

Raph's grin grew wider when a thought popped into his head. "Scared of swimming?"

At that, Donnie's glare faltered. Raph had hit the nail on the head and he knew it. "It's okay, Donnie," Mikey said, placing his hand on his brother's shoulder. "I'm kinda scared too..."

Raph burst out laughing at them. But before he could make another remark, Leo stepped in.

"They're not the only ones, you know?"

Raph's gaze trailed over to Leo. "Yeah? You scared too?"

"I am," Leo replied. "And so are you."

Raph scoffed, placing a hand on his hip as he turned to his raven-haired brother. "Yeah, right. Like I'd be scared of swimming. We've done it so many times before, and now you're getting cold feet?"