𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘐

▼△▼△▼△▼△▼

▼△▼△▼△▼△▼

Y/n's pov/The Nun's pov

          Paladin and I entered the church, he closed the doors behind him. The baby finally calmed down  was now snoring away.

          "Mom", Paladin called telepathically. Ever since birth Paladin could never talk, only telepathically. "Yes, what is it ", I asked. "Why did we do that", he asked. "Mother Miranda didn't need them anymore", I replied. "So why not leave them alone, why not just live out their days in peace ", he asked.

          "You know she just wanted me to send out those beats as soon as she told me to get rid of the villagers", I said. "Just send them out in the dark of night to get the jump on them", I added. "So why talk to them before their demise", he asked.

           "To give them clarity, to make them think their  death had a reasoning, a purpose", I explained. "Those were just lies then", he asked.

           "That is correct, but what is better dying knowing the one you worshipped for all your life wanted you dead or dying thinking your death had served a purpose and has helped your god", I asked them looked at him. "Anymore questions", I asked.

           "No, Mom", he replied. I smiled at him as got closer to him. I held the baby out towards him for him to take.

             "Now, here is your dinner", I said. He took the baby from me and held it like a bag. "Thank you, mom", he replied then walked away.

          "And please don't leave anymore bones lying around", I said. "Okay", he said as he walked away. I watched as he did then went to sit at the altar for Mother Miranda.

         Paladin wasn't born from me. He was given to me by Mother Miranda, a gift. He was truly an ugly creature. A lump of weird flesh that could fill a space in any object. Which is why I gave him that armor. Some usually view him as my protector; he just take care of the filth that I don't any to deal with.

        His real name is Muritor. He feeds on pure things which is why I give him babies of all kind of species to eat. He is my pride and joy.

        "Great ones, hear our voice, together as one in reverence; We call on thee within the endless dark to deliver us into fate's hands; As the midnight moon rises on black wings, so we make our sacrifice and await the light at the end", I prayed then lift my head to look at the picture of Mother Miranda and a child.

       "In life and in death, we give glory, Mother Miranda", I prayed then lift my head. I looked to the left to see Paladin walking back over to me.

       "Who are you praying to", he asked. "No one, just praying", I relied with a smile then stood up. "Tommrow let's go pay Lady Dimitrescu and the girls a visit", I said to him causing him to nod his head.

       "Can you read me the book again", he asked. "You need to start reading on your own, Muritor", I replied. "I know, but you have a better reading voice than I do", he replied. "Nice try you can't even speak", I chuckled. "I know", he laughed. "Fine", I sighed then pat the spot next to me. I scooted over a bit to make some room for him.

       Luckily the the book was laying near the altar so I bent down and grabbed it. The book was called "Village of Shadows". I opened and began reading it to him.