Chapter 12

It's been a moon since Cloverleaf overheard the plan between Bee and Lynx. Volepaw and Firepaw became Volefur and Fireleap. Bella already had her kits, a dark black tabby tom, a black she-cat, and a black tom with brown underbelly, muzzle, ears, and paws. She named them Bearkit, Hollykit, and Pinekit. Cloverleaf was sitting next to Bella as they chatted about the kits. "Bearkit seems to enjoy pushing his siblings around." She mewed at the large newborn kit as they mewed fiercely, almost a snarl as he pushed his siblings aside. "That's why I named him bearkit." Cloverleaf looked at Bella in confusion. "You gave them clan names?" Bella nodded. "I want to stay here." Cloverleaf looked away. I think I know why. "Hey Bella? Who's Otter?" She asked the surprised she. Bella looks like she's seen a ghost. "Who told you that?!" Cloverleaf looked at her paws, curling her tail. "Bee and Lynx were arguing about...I can't tell you." She looked at Bella sadly. Bella sat closer next to the she. "You can tell me. What were they talking about?" Cloverleaf sighed. "They want to kill Shadestar." She mewed softly, noticing that Lynx was staring at her coldly. "Oh no...not again..." Bella whispered. "Otter was my mate. He used to be OtterSTAR until Lynx killed him in hopes of leading his own clan. I was a house-cat at the time...Lynx was Lynxclaw and Bee was Beestripes. I know I shouldn't be telling you this but you need to watch out, Cloverleaf. I should have told the clans sooner."

Cloverleaf couldn't believe it. Meadowclan let in a killer. She had to warn Shadestar, but how? Lynx would know it was her! She was shaking as she hurried over to the prey pile. Snakebite came over, looking at the she-cat worriedly and backed away. He wants nothing to do with me. She frowned, looking down at her paws in sadness. She shouldn't have yelled at him like that, he was worried. "Hello, Cloverleaf." Cloverleaf yelped and turned around, claws unsheathed. It was lynx. "Hey, it's just me." He nuzzled the she-cat. Cloverleaf nodded, still shaking. "Yeah. It's just you." She got a bunch of worried looks from her clanmates, especially from Bella. "Your shaking. What's wrong?" He asked, leading her outside for a talk. Cloverleaf didn't want to go outside. What if he knew that she overheard his plan, and was going to kill her? He sat down next to her. "Cloverleaf can you please tell me what's wrong?" Cloverleaf looked at him silently. Oh yeah! I overheard you talking about murdering Shadestar, and I'm afraid that you'll kill me. He looked at his paws and sighed heavily. "Cloverleaf, somethings gonna happen. Very soon. And when this...event happens, I want to know that you'll stay with me through it all." He looked at her, affection shining in his eyes. Cloverleaf stopped shaking. He looked like he really cared about her.

But she knew what the event was. "I can't promise that." She mewed softly. Lynx looked down sadly. "Well I might...die, cloverleaf. And I love you." Cloverleaf wanted to run. She didn't know this Tom anymore. She couldn't tell if he was tricking her like he tricked bee. She said nothing, but smiled. Lynx tilted his head, as if he was thinking if that smile was a yes or not. "Well I think I'll just head back to camp." She mewed. She began to sat up, before hearing a rustling in the bushes. "Well well, lynx. We meet again." Sneered a ragged, deep voice. Out came a dark brown Tom with a scar across his face. Five more cats came out with bee following with. "Bee here says you have a soft side for this...Clan-cat." He looked at Cloverleaf up and down. She hissed, bristling her fur. "We'll keep her alive. But only because your a friend. You six, begin the attack." He nodded to the cats behind him. Cloverleaf turned to Lynx who shot up. "We need to go! Now!" He hissed, leading the she away from camp. "But- I have to help! What about your sister?!" Lynx kept running. "She decided to join the enemy, it's too late for her now." Cloverleaf looked behind her shoulder. She turned to lynx, who was running away without her. This is it. I have to decide. She winced, saying her goodbyes and followed Lynx out of the meadow.