Chapter 19

"Cloverleaf! Cloverleaf wake up!" Mewed Frostpaw, borage in her paws.

"Honeysplash wanted you to take this." Cloverleaf scrunched up her nose as she chewed the leaves up.

"Their really bitter." Frostpaw nodded. "I also got this prey to help get rid of the taste." She dropped a sparrow at the queens feet. "I'll get out of your fur now." She nodded to Cloverleaf, who was finishing up the sparrow at an alarming rate. She hasn't eaten since she came back. Snakebite came in with a vole. "Mind if I sit here with you?" Cloverleaf shook her head. "I don't mind." The Tom sat next to her, quietly eating the vole.

The two were very quiet. Cloverleaf didn't know what to say. She stared at Snakebite as he finished his vole. What was she supposed to say? "So...what all happened while I was gone?" She asked. "Oh, well Graymoon died. Featherkit and Berrykit became apprentices. Berrypaw really wanted you as his mentor." He chuckled, looking at cloverleaf then back at the floor. Cloverleaf smiled, curling her tail. "I would have loved to be his mentor. Who mentors him now?" Snakebite paused. He looked at the entrance of the medicine den. "Me." Cloverleaf gasped, her eyes widening. "Really? Your first apprentice!" She purred. Snakebite smiled, flicking his ear. "Bella got her warrior name. Bella'leaf!" She smiled, happy for the queen. "It's a wonderful name." The black Tom nodded, awkwardly looking away.

"I think I'm gonna go. Her kits are going to be apprentices later today." He walked away as Honeysplash walked back inside. "Jeez, I could have more interesting conversations with a tree!" Cloverleaf gasped. "You were eavesdropping?!" The medicine cat shrugged. "No...I just didn't want to interrupt your boring conversation." She rolled her eyes. Cloverleaf narrowed her eyes at the she-cat. Interrupt my butt. She was eavesdropping.. "When did you start caring so much about me and Snakebite?"

"Since you left. I'm worried about Snakebite, it's what mothers do." Cloverleaf scoffed at Honeysplashes comment. She sighed heavily, looking up at the tall she-cat. "I don't think I'm ready to be a mother, Honeysplash. Cant you just ask bella'leaf or Lilyflower to take care of them?" Honeysplash glared at the queen angrily. "You will not give these kits away just because you think you can't raise them by yourself." Cloverleaf looked ashamed, looking down sadly. "I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking." The medicine cat scoffed, flicking her tai, angrily. "No, you were not." She turned, sighing heavily at the silver tabby. "I'm sorry cloverleaf. I just don't understand why you'd want to give the kits away." Cloverleaf opened her mouth to reply. Honeysplash nodded. "You don't have to give me a reason. Just get some rest." Cloverleaf scoffed. Do queens spend most of their time sleeping or something? "I just woke up, Honeysplash." The she-cat laughed. "Right. I'll leave you alone then." She nodded, walking away and headed towards Shadestar's den. Cloverleaf sighed.

She looked around the medicine den, finding every crack in the stone walls, every feather randomly placed in corners. She knew where everything was. How long have I been here? She groaned, rolling over on her side. She raised her head. Something was wrong. She started yowling. Cloverleaf felt like something was clawing her stomach open. Berrypaw came running inside as cats gathered. Lilyflower looked at the queen. "Go away Berrypaw, get Honeysplash." Berrypaw looked at Cloverleaf, worry on his face. He nodded and ran off. "It's ok, cloverleaf. Just breath." Frostpaw quickly raced over to the shelf, grabbing a stick. Cloverleaf's vision was blurry. She heard Honeysplash mew in excitement. "A Tom!" Lilyflower began licking the small kit as Honeysplash helped with Cloverleaf. "Another Tom." She nodded to Lilyflower, who began cleaning the second kit. Cloverleaf felt two balls of fur beside her belly.

"You did great Cloverleaf. Two healthy Toms." Lilyflower purred in joy. Snakebite was pacing in the medicine dens entrance. peering over his mother's shoulder. Cloverleaf looked at the two kits. One a very loud gray tabby. She chuckled, admiring the tom. She looked at the second one. A black tabby with eyes like hers. She purred happily, she's never been so happy before. She licked the top of the kits head. I'm going to need names for them. "Cloverleaf?" Snakebite mewed. Cloverleaf nodded to Lilyflower. The she moved out of the way as the Tom sat beside the silver tabby. "Their very handsome kits." He chuckled, curling his tail around his paws.

"What will you name them?" He asked. Cloverleaf looked at the grey tabby. "Pebblekit." She looked at Snakebite. "Why don't you name this one?" She placed her Tail on the black tabby Tom. Snakebites eyes widened. "Really?" She nodded, smiling warmly at him. "Yes." He looked at it for a moment. "How about...Quailkit?" Cloverleaf purred at the Tom. "It's perfect."

(Sorry about the weird ending. I changed the copyright claims because I'm not doing so well with this book, I kinda wanna see how people adapt and change the book to make it better. I will be making a book about Quailkit or Pebblekit in the future, but not now. I'm not going to finish this book unfortunately but I'll publish it for anybody who wants fo re-write or continue this book.)