𝟏𝟏✧ 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐃𝐔𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍.

・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡

( CHAPTER ELEVEN!
long overdue family
reunion. )

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

Carmen and Anakin had explained everything to the Senator right after their conversation was over. Padmé being the hard headed, loving, person that she was, practically forced them to take her with them. And as much as Ragwynd hated the sand planet and everything on it, he didn't want his girlfriend going somewhere with only a Jedi for protection. He could protect her on his own. Which is why the blonde man decided on them staying in one of his homes while the Jedi boy and Carmen went with Shmi.

Anakin was on edge and everyone could see it. He tried to hide it, but he wasn't very good at keeping his emotions hidden. On the ride there, he had rarely talked to the others, his mind wandering to his mother. His mother was the only person he had in his life growing up that actually cherished and loved him. Even with his temperamental stages, she was there.

Carmen felt the emotions running through her with their bond and what she assumed was the force. She didn't want to talk about it with him at the moment because she knew he wouldn't hear anything she had to say. She'd have to wait until he saw with his own eyes that everything was going to be alright.

After talking with Watto, the ugly bitch that owned people, Anakin had been told where his mother was. Apparently, she was sold to another man and had been married. He didn't know how to feel about that one. Sad? Annoyed?

Carmen links her arm with Anakin's as he tries to speed up his walking, "You need to slow down. Everything is going to be fine."

"I can't slow down, the longer we are, the more she is suffering." Anakin kept walking in his fast pace, not caring that he was practically dragging the girl along beside him.

The blonde sighed, "Ani, your mother is fine."

"And how do you know that?" Anakin asked, not looking down at her as he kept his head held high.

"Because, I just saw her a couple days ago, remember? I just know. I also have something to tell you once we get there, alright?" Carmen got in front of him and pushed his chest lightly, stopping him from moving. "Just trust me."

Trust. That was a hard thing for Anakin to do. She knew it. He knew it. But, she hoped that she could help him through things a lot better than what the movies had done to him.

Anakin stared into her eyes, searching for something, maybe to see if she was lying, "A lot can happen in a few days time, Carmen, but alright." He eased up, his shoulders relaxing as his tenseness went away.