𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡

(     CHAPTER ZERO!
down the rabbit hole.     )

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

When Carmen Bradshaw's best friend had brought up the idea of going to the beach, the girl wasn't exactly ecstatic. Of course she liked to go swimming and let her skin bask in the bright sun, but the sand just got everywhere. The one thing she hated about beaches was the sand. It was hot and wherever you went, the yellow substance felt as if it followed you. It also had a bad habit of getting in places that it shouldn't get into.

The beach was swarming with people as they enjoyed the warm weather and all it had to offer. Kids were running around, enjoying themselves as the sand beneath their feet felt like a getaway. The sun was beating down on all of their different skin tones, giving them all kisses so they could feel much warmer than they already were.

Carmen glanced out towards the ocean, her mind swarming with all kind of thoughts. Some days, she was happy to finally be out of high school, but others, she just wanted to stay young. A part of her just wants to always be that little girl who ran around the house in her underwear screaming to Britney Spears songs. But, deep down, she knew she had to grow up. Everyone does eventually.

Daisy, Carmen's best friend, laughed at something their new friend had said. "Wow, and you didn't even know it was there the whole time?"

Ebany snorted from where she sat perched up on her chair, "No! He wouldn't tell me anything!"

Daisy looked over at Carmen and noticed the blonde was in deep thought. She could practically see the gears turning in her head. "Carmen, I don't think you should waste away your trip by just sitting here and thinking."

Ebany stood up and threw on her shorts over her swimsuit, "She's right. Maybe we could play a game of volleyball?"

Carmen glanced up at the two, eyes squinted from the sun that beamed down on her. She then looked at the sand below her and started thinking again. Volleyball, in her opinion, was better when it's not played on sand. Sand was not her favorite thing, but yet she somehow still nodded her head.

Daisy and Ebany squealed in excitement as they both each grabbed ahold of one of her arms and pulled her out of the beach chair. They ignored her pleas to stop dragging her and continued pulling her towards the net where a group of teenagers were already playing.

The two girls finally let go of their friend once they made it on the side that they needed to be on. Carmen felt sand get stuck in between her toes and she internally screamed, cursing in her head.

"I need to pee. Uhm, we can start when I'm back, okay?" Carmen said, taking a few steps back from them.

They just both nodded their heads, their attention not on the girl behind them, but rather on the group of boys who were walking up to the volleyball net.

Of course, they aren't paying attention. Carmen thought, shaking her head as she turned around and started looking around for the bathroom. She didn't even need to pee, she just wanted the yellow substance gone from her toes.

She passed different kids on the way as they chased each other around or some would be building sand castles. She didn't know how they could just sit in the sand, playing with it. Some would even eat it and Carmen didn't understand that either. It must've tasted terrible.

Her tall pale legs moved pretty quickly, trying to find the bathroom as fast as she could. She moved her head around a bunch of times as her eyes scanned the lot, wondering where it could've been.

Just as she took another step, she tripped and fell into some type of sinkhole. Her body starts flying and she screams as all her eyes see is pitch black. She didn't do good in the dark, she would start hyperventilating. It felt as though she's been falling for years when she finally hits the ground.

Her head bangs against the hard ground, instantly knocking her out as a bunch of sand falls over her body.

(A/N): sorry this took so long! it's so terrible and i'm sorry for that too! she's going to wake up in the star wars universe on the next chapter and i'm gonna try my best to make it as great as i can. anyways, hope you liked it!<3