𝟐𝟔✧ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃.

・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡

(     CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX!
the beginning of the end.    )

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

His heartbeat pounded in his ears, breathing off-put from all of the running he'd just dealt with. Anakin and Obi-Wan make it to the threshold of the large spaceship, their eyes instantly finding the Chancellor as he sat in a large chair, wrists trapped at the sides. It took them a little while to find which exact room he'd been in. After fighting with the annoying elevator, trying to get it to work, they located Palpatine not too far from the long hallway they'd been dropped off at. The atmosphere around them was in silence compared to the loud battle outside. A weird tension clouds around their bodies and Anakin could sort of sense something was off.

Anakin took a stance beside the Chancellor and asked him if he was alright, while Obi-Wan watched. Everyone knew how much closer the younger Jedi was to the politician, hence why Anakin had been more worried about the situation. Before any other words could be exchanged, the double doors slide open and out steps Count Dooku, two droids at his side. Anakin almost snorted out loud at that, but stopped when Obi-Wan sent him a warning look.

"This time we will do it together." The eldest Jedi whispered, eyes following Dooku's every step.

Anakin moved to stand beside his Master, "I was just about to say that."

Palpatine had the audacity to speak out of turn, "Get help. He's a Sith Lord, you're no match for him."

Obi-Wan didn't take his words to heart, although he definitely should have. "Chancellor Palpatine, Sith Lords are our specialty." A small smirk lifted on the side of his face.

And with that, the robes came off. Both were in sync with one another, which indicated they had done this way too many times before. Sharing a look together, Obi-Wan ignites his lightsaber, Anakin not far behind and they attack Dooku.

Lightsabers clash, different colors coming together to light the whole room up. Both Jedi did a really good job with their skills, keeping up with the Sith Lord. That is, until Obi-Wan gets flown across the room and against a wall, his body falling onto the ground, unconscious.

This seemed to fuel Anakin's rage even more, his tall body kicking the older man's over the railing. Both red and blue clash against one another.

Dooku stares hard into Anakin's eyes, his next words trying to get a rise out of the boy. "I sense great fear in you, Skywalker. You have hate. You have anger. But you don't use them."

Anakin pushes the man back with as much force as he could muster. His face contorted in a bit of rage, his next moves flowing fast and swift. With one big and unexpected play, he grabbed Dooku's saber and used his own to slice the old man's hands off. Anakin crisscrossed both blades, red and blue going underneath Dooku's throat as he knelt in front of him.

"Good, Anakin. Good." Palpatine chuckled, a mischievous smirk displayed upon his face. He did this as Anakin's back was turned to him, knowing the young one wouldn't notice. "Kill him."

Anakin was fighting his inner battles. Good and Evil, they clashed at each another as one tried to defeat the other. Killing is not the Jedi way and he knows it shouldn't be done, but a tiny part wanted to do it. "I shouldn't."

"Do it." The man's voice twisted into a complete one-eighty, sounding demonic.

Carmen had gasped awake, eyes going wide as she was met with complete white. Glancing around, she noticed she was in the Medical bay. And that's when it all hit her at once, the discovery of Westin, getting to talk to her son and finding out she was currently pregnant.

Her hand immediately fell down and onto her small stomach, a large smile spreading across her beautiful face. This caused the woman to wonder if she was like Padmé and had two currently inside of her. Luke did say children.

Something moves in the corner of her eye and she practically jumps out of the seat, "Gosh, Master Yoda! Why must you always scare me?"

He hummed, trying to stifle his small giggle that threatened to escape. "Be more aware of your surroundings, you must. Not important that is right now. Went to save the Chancellor, Anakin and Obi-Wan did."

Shit. It's officially started. "I need to help them!" Carmen wracked her brain, thinking of what she could possibly do whilst she was down here and they were up there in the atmosphere. And it finally hit her, a lightbulb going off inside. Her bond! Of course. "I know how to get in touch with them."

Yoda nodded, knowing exactly what she meant. "Do it, you must."

"Will this hurt the baby?" She was quick to ask, not caring if the green Jedi knew about what was happening with her. He probably already did.

He shook his head, "No. Strong, your baby is. Take a lot, it would, to hurt them."

Carmen looked away from the man, eyes closing in concentration. A pull seemed to tug on her body, and she reached out to it, connecting with Anakin.

Him eyes closed in thought when he suddenly felt it. His fiancé. A startled breath released from him, not expecting Carmen to connect with him as he is in the middle of a battle. But he was glad, because now he knows she's alright.

"Don't do it." Carmen spoke inside his mind, her body flashing in and out right beside Dooku.

Their bond is somehow getting stronger to the point where they could possibly see one another. He could tell how worried she was by the panicked look that was plastered on her face.

"Leave him be and grab Obi-Wan. You need to get to safety, that's all that matters right now." Carmen grabbed the man's hands that clutched tightly on the hilts of both lightsabers. "Come back to us."

Us? What did she mean by that? Anakin could slightly feel Carmen's real hands touching his own and that brought him out of the bad thoughts which plagued his mind. The lightsabers closed, turning off with a hiss, and he stepped back.

"I will not." Anakin declared, his gaze solely focused on Carmen as she gave him a proud smile, vanishing away from his mind completely.

Palpatine watched in disappointment as Anakin told Dooku about him being under arrest. He was afraid this would happen. But he won't let this slip up mess with the big plan. No, he will get Anakin Skywalker to the Dark Side.

( AUTHOR'S NOTE : ) sorry this took months, but i've been trying to find out what i wanna do in life and i finally did and now i work a bunch lol. and i also apologize for how short and shitty this chapter was, but the next one will definitely be longer. i was too lazy to write the full battle, whoops. anyways, hope you enjoyed and i'll try to update the next one within a few weeks. much love, <333