𝟏𝟑✧ 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄.

・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡

(     CHAPTER THIRTEEN!
when you hold me
in your embrace.    )

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

Explaining things to Anakin made Carmen feel somewhat better about how the future may change. But, she didn't tell him every single thing, and she hoped that when she finally did, he'd understand why the information was withheld from him. And she wasn't just going to tell him, she's gonna also tell Obi-Wan. She loves the Jedi master a lot. Seeing his pain throughout Revenge of the Sith caused her physical pain too. Her heart had broken into pieces watching it on the screen and she didn't want him feeling like that in this timeline.

To her, everyone deserves a happy ending. And he was the top person on her list. Maybe after her plan to change the Jedi's minds about love, he can find him a nice lady and settle down once he gets a little older and can retire. Well, not fully retire, but still. He definitely deserved it. She just hopes he'll let her become his friend. So, at least someone other than Anakin can take care of him.

Carmen, along with the others, were currently in the dinning room area where they all were digging into the food the lovely Shmi had created. Anakin and the two Lars men are talking about the Jedi and war stories about them, while the women grilled Carmen about Anakin.

"So, what is happening between you and my son? He keeps sneaking glances at you every now and again, the two of you smiling at one another like you are in love. Are you?" Shmi asked, but not too loud to disturb the men's conversation.

Carmen glanced over at Anakin and sees him laugh at something Cliegg had just said. She was honestly glad he was opening up and not trying to fight any man that even looked in his mother's direction. Maybe her being here was actually helping him? "It's a little early to determine that, but I'm growing to. There's this bond between us, I don't really know how to explain it since I haven't fully tapped into it's potential, but it feels like I have to always be around him or if I don't, it'll feel hollow inside. I'm not sure. I'll have to ask someone back at the Jedi temple."

"Soulmates perhaps? Not everyone gets one in life, but you and Anakin aren't normal." Shmi speaks up, surprising the girl in front of her. "That could be the case, sweetheart."

Beru shrugged her shoulders, "I am not too sure what the term is truly meant to be, but I think me and Owen are. Maybe there's different meanings behind the word? You two could've actually been made to be each other's."

The other blonde actually sounded right. Maybe that's what it is and why it didn't work out with Padmé in the end because it wasn't her? Holy shit! She's going to have to speak with Yoda as soon as she could. Speaking to Qui-Gon would be weird considering he's her father.