𝟎𝟏✧ 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄.

・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡

( CHAPTER ONE!
unexpected people. )

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

Carmen Bradshaw groaned awake, eyes slowly fluttering open to reveal a plain bluish grey sky. She tried to raise up, but stopped short at the ache that flittered through her body, different parts feeling that particular way. The bright sun blinded her, so she squeezed her eyelids back shut, contemplating just laying there for the rest of her life. After a few moments of slightly cursing, the blonde slowly rises up, her butt still sitting on the sand. Why did it always have to be the ugly brown substance that had to bug her?

A sigh left her chapped lips, eyes glancing around her in a quick motion. No kids were running around chasing each other and there wasn't even a small drop of water anywhere. It's just a void, the only thing noticeable was the slight movement of the sand from constant wind, that also being the sound that carried silence.

What the heck? Carmen thought, the possibility of being dead passing through her mind. Now that she remembered, she tripped and fell into a hole, was that the cause? It had to be. How else could you explain someone being surrounded by a ton of sand with no sign of life form. But then again, this isn't what she ever imagined hell to be like, so maybe she really was still alive.

Looking to her right, she almost jumps out of her spot as her blue eyes connect with some worried brown ones. Based on the way the woman was looking at her, she must've thought something bad had happened. Which, in a way, it had.

The woman was wearing a long skirt that flowed down to her ankles and a long sleeved shirt that is pretty long itself too. Her brown hair sat in a bun to the left of her shoulder, almost touching it. She looked as if she had been through a lot and the longer Carmen stared at her, she knew who the woman was.

"Are you alright, dear?" The older woman asked, squatting down beside the blonde haired girl. She checked the girl's body for any injuries, but found none.

Carmen just stared at the woman beside her, wondering how she could possibly be alive and quite literally so close to her. Her words got caught in her throat as she almost threw up. Was this a hallucination?

The woman helped Carmen stand, hands starting to dust off the rest of the sand that had attached itself to the younger girl's back in a motherly way. "Why are you out here by yourself? Are you lost?"

Carmen opened her mouth and closed it. She didn't know what to say to the woman who had been from her favorite set of movies. Clearing her throat after some hesitation, she finally decides to speak up. "I'm not sure. Where are we exactly?"