𝟐𝟐✧ 𝐆𝐔𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐘𝐄.

・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡

(     CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO!
guy with the
twinkling eye.    )

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

Lots of changes have been made since the last time Carmen Bradshaw had seen Anakin Skywalker. She's learned a lot from Obi-Wan's teachings, they spent pretty much everyday together. And although he couldn't train her properly, he did help her with a lot of stuff. Like the general knowledge of the Jedi and many other things. Yoda had gathered the council around and told them he was going to change the code around, and when some of them had tried to voice their negative opinions, he'd shut them up immediately.

Carmen missed Anakin, of course, but she didn't spend her time sulking away in her room like a little crybaby. She didn't feel guilty at all that she was doing things without him whilst he was stuck protecting someone. Everyone has their own jobs to do, so that's what she did. Since she isn't completely a Jedi yet, she spends some nights helping in the kitchen of the cafeteria. It felt great actually doing something instead of sitting around and waiting on Anakin. Being independent.

She has a life to build, and just because the movies had revolved a bunch around Anakin in the scenes, it was different here. There's a chance at a purpose for her. She thought a lot while having this new found independence. On Earth, she had just graduated and didn't have any clue at all what she wanted to do in life and now she has found her purpose.

It made her think on if she really wanted to stay in a relationship with Anakin or not. It's very hard on deciding if she wanted to venture out on her own and find the things she was good at. But, being with Anakin has been amazing so far and when she is to become a padawan, she'd have to face him on a daily basis and would probably bump into him a lot.

The blonde feels stupid for suggesting going slow with the Jedi and going back on her word. But, she knew if she did step back from him, he wouldn't handle it well and he'd turn to Palpatine for support. That was the last thing that needed to happen. Speaking of the raisin head, she tried to avoid him as much as she could. It's a good thing she wasn't going into the politics business. 

She and Yoda had gotten a lot closer these past few weeks, just like she and Obi-Wan had. The older green Jedi told her lots of stories of himself and Qui-Gon. It was refreshing for her to hear all about it. He is definitely like a grandfather to her and Obi-Wan slowly was becoming like a father. She loved it. A new found family.

"Anakin should be arriving soon." Obi-Wan spoke up from where he sat on one of the chairs from the many tables in the Jedi library. "His trials are a few moons away and he needs to be here so he is prepared."

Carmen glanced up from the book they were reading from, "Really? That's amazing. I thought he'd be gone forever, it's been so long."

He laughed, his eyes crinkling up in happiness, "You know he couldn't stay that far from you for that long. I haven't seen the two of you together yet, but I know the undying love the two of you share."

Did he really know? Did everyone know about their love? Yes, the council members knew, of course, but did the other random Jedi? She honestly didn't know how Anakin and Padmé had kept their love a secret during the movies.

"The bond had slowly started burning the second he left and as hard as I tried to get my mind off of it, it still didn't help. Seeing him again will make me feel complete." Which wasn't a lie at all.

Obi-Wan smiled gently, "You will probably only get to see him as soon as he arrives. He'll need to be prepared early."

Carmen just nodded before closing the book. She glances up at him and takes in a deep breath, "I wanna thank you for these last few weeks. They've been pretty amazing and spending time with you has made me realize how much I'm glad that you are my friend."

"I am happy you feel that way, I feel the same. Having one to talk to everyday has been a blessing. I don't like to admit this, but I often find myself hating being all alone. Sometimes being alone with my thoughts is lovely, but other times, they're pretty loud and obnoxious."

"Thoughts can be very overwhelming." Carmen nodded as she watched him fiddle with his fingertips. "If you ever find yourself deep in them again, just come to me. I don't care what I will be doing in that moment, I'll stop and help you."

Obi-Wan smiled, the dimples in his cheeks showing, though it was hard to tell due to his beard. "You are an angel, Carmen."

She dramatically flipped her hair back, "I know."

They shared a giggle before getting interrupted by Mace Windu. He came to inform Obi-Wan about Anakin's arrival and that he needed to be present in the council room.

"That's my que." Obi-Wan stood up, Carmen following his lead and pulling him into a bone crushing hug. "What was that for?"

Carmen shrugged, "Just in case you'll be gone as long as Anakin. It's going to suck not having my two boys with me everyday."

She was used to not seeing Anakin everyday, but you add Obi-Wan into the mix and she just might go ballistic.

"I will come check up on you, I promise."

The blonde raised an eyebrow, "And if you don't, I won't hesitate to kick your ass. Just putting that out there."

He just nodded, setting a small kiss on her forehead before leaving the room. He loved spending every moment with her, so he definitely was going to check up on her. If he wouldn't, that would lead to worry, and that's not a fun emotion.

Carmen watches her father-figure leave and just as she is about to follow, she backs into someone. Turning, she meets a pair of curious blue eyes, "I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone was behind me. I was going to put the book back on the shelf." She grabs it, ignoring the lingering look from the man.

"It's quite alright. My mistake really, I was just curious. I've never seen you around the temple before, who are you?" The man asks, noticing as she was just tall enough to reach the one she needed.

The blonde turned towards him as she finished, staying in her place, not really wanting to be too close to the stranger. "My name is Carmen." That's all she replied with, not wanting to give her business away.

He hummed, rocking back and forth on his toes. "I am Westin. You didn't answer when I asked who you were, you just told me your name."

"That's because it isn't any of your business. I just met you." She got a weird vibe from this person and was ready to leave the room. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I shall retire."

Westin watched as she left, his eyes twinkling with what people would call evil.