Chapter 5

" Good morning" Maria greeted Michelle as she walked to the class.

"Morning"Michelle beamed.

" you're early today"Maria winked.

"I woke up early. I'm a changed soul you know "

Maria laughed "amen"

They got to their class before everyone else.

"So... "Maria sat on Michelle's desk "I'm having a party at my house this Saturday. Wanna come? "

"I... Um.. Yes, sure. I've never gone to a party before. I mean.. Not that... I.. Ugh! Only weddings "she smiled in embarrassment. "And my grandmother's burial. "She said sadly.

"We're even. I've never attended a party before and this is the first time I'm hosting one. The likes of chinyere host party every week and I never got invited coz i'm a geek" As soon as Maria said that, chinyere and her clique walked in.

"Mich! "Skyler grinned.

"Don't you have anything reasonable to do with your life? "Maria was angry.

"Oh wow... "Ruby drawled lazily as skyler's blood drained from his face "...since when did you become so bold? Toothpick "

"Since I realized that you all are bullies. If you want to bully my friend, you'll have to pass through me first " Maria said and Michelle groaned. "Maria please don't"

Nobody seemed to have heard Michelle as chinyere spoke "if I were you, I'll flee from her because you're a toothpick and the dog will eventually crush you despite her fake innocent face."With that smug comment, chinyere walked away.

"What are you waiting for? Go on"Maria put her hand on her hips like a stern mother.

Ruby leaned forward and smirked "what if we don't? "

"Then you'll be standing there like you fool because we won't reply you. By the way, since you are chinyere's slave girl, why don't you tell your mistress that I'm having a party on Saturday"Maria winked.

Ruby was livid with anger. " if you think we will come to your..."

"Not you, her"Maria interrupted.

Ruby clenched her teeth and stormed off with Skyler trailing behind her.

"Gawd. That was good" Michelle was awed "you warded them without Omar's help. But... Why did you invite chinyere to your party? "

"To irk her ofcourse "

" but what if she comes. They come"

"Trust me Michelle, she won't. "

**** **** ****
Michelle and Maria walked into the gym while the cheerleaders were practicing.

"Look at them" Maria rolled her eyes "I've always wanted to be a leader like chinyere"

"Are you kidding me? Cheerleading is for brats. You look more like a fashion model,rather than a cheerleader"

Michelle sat on a bench and Maria follow suit. "Thank you, but we're still in school and I don't want to do petty modelling. Look at how happy they are. It's not fair" Maria eyed them wistfully. Michelle sighed and turned to watch them.

"Five... Six... Seven... Eight. Up, down... Left, right.. Up, down and left and right. B is for brilliant,e is for entertaining, l is for loyal... "Chinyere was screaming at the top of her lungs as the other cheerleaders followed her every move. She caught Michelle's eyes and made a 'you're dead' motion.

"Come on, let's go "Michelle told Maria.

"But we've not really watched them "
"I know.Why don't we get some buns?"

With that, she grabbed a confused Maria and left.

Note: This author needs your support and assurance. It's easy. Just tap vote. You can also comment to tell me what you think about this book.
Ps no offenses cheerleaders 😄
Do y'all wanna know how Maria's party will work out? Vote!
Xoxo 😍