Chapter 15

"This is the first time Chinyere has ever missed school, since I have known her" Maria said as she and Michelle walked to their classroom.
"Yay" Michelle said dryly.
"What happened?" Maria halted but Michelle shrugged and kept on walking.
"What is it Michelle? You've been acting as if I've been forcing conversations since morning" Maria followed her.
"Listen Maria" Michelle sighed. "My stepmom is really frustrating me and I'm trying my best not to vent out my frustration at you. That's why I've not been talking much"
"Aw. You'll be fine okay?" Maria patted her friend's neat braids.
*** *** ***
When they got to their classroom, their classmates were talking excitedly,there was so much noise.
"What happened now?" Michelle thought out loud.
"Let me find out" Maria said excitedly before going to Join her classmates.
Michelle just rolled her eyes and walked to her seat.
After few minutes, Maria joined her.
"Guess what!" She shrieked excitedly.
"Maria please, I'm not in for gossips" Michelle waved a dismissive hand.
"Don't be such a granny,guess" Maria smiled.
"I'm not in! Especially if it has to do with chinyere"
"It has to do with her, but not directly. It has to do with her boyfriend and bestie" Maria winked.
"Wait!" Michelle sat upright "Omar and Patricia?"
"Wait... How did you know? Don't tell me you know about what happened already?" Maria was perplexed.
"No silly,the other day at your party,they gave me a lift and before going into my house,I saw them hug"
"Just hug?" Maria was disappointed.
"Just hug" Michelle smirked.
"Oh" Maria had never been more disappointed but she brightened up quickly "Well,they eloped"
Now,it was Michelle's turn to shriek "they what?!"
"You heard me,they eloped" Maria replied.
"How could they!" Michelle shrieked.
"According to Patricia's parents, when they got back from work, all her belongings were gone. Omar's parents on the other hand said that he left a letter telling them that he had eloped with the girl he loves"
"Are they nuts?!" Michelle was stupefied.
"That explains it all" Maria was absorbed in her own thoughts "it explains why Patricia became nice towards us suddenly. It was all because of Omar's good influence"
Michelle scoffed "good influence my foot! If he was so self-righteous,he wouldn't have eloped with a vulnerable girl"
"Patricia can be a many things,but being vulnerable isn't one of it" Maria said matter-of-factly.
"She is vulnerable" Michelle glared at her.
"No she's not" Maria argued.
"Yeah right, whatever"
"She's..." Maria trailed off when she saw Ruby approaching them.
"What do you two know about it?" Ruby said through clenched teeth.
"Excuse me" Maria and Michelle chorused.
"Where did they elope to?" Ruby folded her arms.
"We don't know, we're not them" Maria replied.
"Sure you do. What do you two have to do with this?"
"Look stone,we don't know where they eloped to okay?" Maria said.
"Let this be the last time you'll ever call me stone" Ruby hissed.
"I'll call you whatever I want as long as you keep calling me toothpick" Maria smirked.
"You little monster! I'll deal with you!" Ruby yelled. By now, everyone had stopped talking and all attention was fixed on them.
"Ruby Please, leave us alone" Maria sat with a huff.
"You freaking weirdo. Where are they? Where is chinyere too? Have you kidnapped her!" Ruby screamed.
"Oh common, don't be absurd!" Maria said.
"You!" Ruby ignored Maria and faced Michelle "what do you know about this?"
Michelle didn't reply.
"Answer me you bitch!" Ruby screamed.
"What do you want Ruby?" Michelle asked calmly.
"Tell me where they are now!"
"I don't know. For real,I don't" Michelle sighed.
"Tell me now or..."
"Or what?" Michelle interrupted with a smirk.
Ruby leaned forward "I'll beat the hell out of you"
Michelle scoffed "you? Spoilt little Ruby Gadhafi. You can't do anything"
"Oh really?" Ruby quirked a brow.
"Trust me,you don't have the gut. You don't even have the heart" Michelle gave her a wicked look.
"Speaking of hearts,I heard that your father has a bad heart. Probably because a bastard is his daughter"
"Bitch, what did you say?" Michelle stood in front of her and loud cheers erupted from their classmates. It was obvious that a fight was about to begin.
Taking the challenge,Ruby poked Michelle's chest with her index finger as she repeated her statement "I said your father has a bad heart because you - the bastard- are his daughter!"
Michelle grasped the finger suddenly and twisted it so hard that Ruby gasped in pain.
"Next time you wanna talk about my father, think twice" she said coldly.
She made for her seat and Ruby took advantage of it and gave her a hot slap on the back. Michelle reciprocated, landing a hard punch on Ruby's face. Ruby's hand flew to her bottom lip at once and she felt something sticky on her finger. She looked at the finger and screamed when she saw blood. Grabbing a tissue,she ran out of the class with a cry as her classmates burst out laughing.
"Oh Michelle!" Maria laughed excitedly "with just a punch,you brought her ass down"
When she saw that Michelle wasn't finding it funny,she peered at her friend. "What is wrong?"
"That was the first time I ever fought in my life"
"Tsk tsk granny, don't be such a bore. We've all been waiting for someone to beat them to a pulp and you did it! Yay!" Maria jabbed Michelle's ribs.
"Look girl, it's not funny. Principal Rose will find out soon and I'll be expelled" Michelle was worried.
"Trust me, you won't be expelled. Ruby started the fight,so you acted on self defense. Everyone can testify to that"
"Are you sure?" Michelle asked.
"Yes"
"Okay" Michelle said and laughed for the first time that day.

*** *** ***
Chinyere opened her eyes to a blinding light and shielded her face reflexively. She closed her eyes for a while and the light went off. She opened her eyes and squinted before her eyes adjusted to the natural light.
Through her dim vision,she could see the silhouette form of a man. Suddenly,voices and images flashed through her head.
Take it dear, just aim at his chest and you'll be fine. If anybody attacks you, shoot him.
Attack?
Her attacker?
Her attacker!
A man had attacked her in her bedroom! And she had shot him! She shot him!
Did he die? What happened?
She remembered pulling the trigger clumsily, the bullet hitting his arm before she...
What happened? What happened to her?
The bullet hit his arm before she...
What happened! She tried to rack her brain but she got no answer. Suddenly,she realized that she wasn't in her room and a man was there. She sprang up from the bed and felt her pocket for her gun and it was gone!
"Stay away!" She warned viciously.
"Easy miss, I'm doctor Nelson and you're admitted into my hospital" the man said and it was then she really looked around her.
"What happened?" She asked.
"You slumped and hit your head" he replied.
She nearly collapsed.
She slumped and hit her head!
She slumped!
Just like her mother,she hit her head!
She nearly died like her mother!
By her father's hands...
Yes,by her father's hands because if she dies,it will be his  fault.
Oh God!
She nearly died like her mother!
She sat on the bed with a statue's stiffness and the doctor patted her shoulder sympathetically.
"Where's my father?" She asked.
"We'll send for him shortly, you've been in coma for two days now"
"Two days?!" Chinyere screamed.
"Don't panic, you're fine now. Just lie down and you'll be okay" he said and she nodded stiffly.
After he left the room,she slipped limply to the ground and cried her eyes out.
She hated her father... With a passion!

Hey lovelies ❤️😊
I'm so sorry for the late updates.
I'm not a lazy piece of shit yunno 😏
I've been really busy,so the updates might be slow a bit.
A week at most.
I also need to see those votes! 😩 ❤️
And comments too lol.
Xoxo😊❤️