Chapter 6.

It was Saturday and Michelle was preparing for Maria's party.

"Are we going out? "Her father teased at the door.

"No daddy... "She laughed "I am going out"she emphasized on the 'I'.

"I see... Who's hosting this party? "

"It's my friend Maria. The girl I always tell you about "

"Oh... That girl at the store, is she coming? "

"You mean chinyere? "She laughed sarcastically "chinyere can never go to a party organized by people of our own caliber"

"Hmm... "Her father drummed his fingers on the wall thoughtfully "how come I'm just knowing about this party? "

"Daddy, you're always at work. I didn't want to disturb you. Besides, check your phone, I left you a message after you didn't pick up my calls"she said in an accusing tone.

"You called? Oh, I was with... "Her father stopped as if he had said too much and Shook his head "go on Michelle.. I didn't see your call earlier and I'm sorry?"

"Dad? Who were you with? "Michelle looked extremely suspicious.

"Um.. The staff... Um.. I mean the board.. Oh! The b.. I had a meeting with my staff"he stuttered.

"Daddy? WHO WERE YOU WITH? "

"Woah! Easy kid.. "He laughed nervously "you're late for your party, you need to go now"

She looked at the time. 7:47.

Seriously? she thought. He's going to use that as an excuse? What is this man hiding?

She sighed. "I'm going but we're going to talk about this when I get back. If I'm going to have a step-mom, I should at least know beforehand"with that, she left her shocked father.

*** *** ***
Michelle was wearing a big white T-shirt, a blue Jean, a pair of white sneakers and a blue and white bandana tied to her forehead.

As soon as she entered the gate of Maria's house, she stopped dead on her tracks.

Damn, it's a freaking castle!

The gate and walls were blocking the house from her view earlier and now that she had a clear view of the exterior, she was awed.

Not that her house wasn't beautiful as she lived in a mansion but, it wasn't as magnificent as Maria's.

Suddenly,she noticed that she was in the midst of so many people.

What! She nearly screamed. Did Maria invite the entire school! You've got to be kidding me!

"Hey Michelle "Maria came out of a glass door wearing... Wait! Is that a micro-mini strapless gown? Michelle's mouth hung open in shock.

"You actually look better with your mouth closed"Maria giggled.

"What are you wearing? "Michelle finally asked.

" what are you wearing too? You look like a sack of potatoes"Maria laughed again.

It was then that Michelle really noticed the people.

Most of the female students were wearing really short dresses and the guys were wearing casual wears.

She looked at the pool and saw about twenty students in their bath suits and lingeries. What the actual... she heard Maria laugh over the loud music.

"Seriously Maria? This is funny to you? "

"What isn't funny? "Maria's expression turned dead serious.

"Really? You told me that this party is going to comprise of nerds like us, of freaks and geeks and I'm seeing everybody in the school! "Michelle shrieked.

"Woah! Hold on. At least, it's not the whole school and besides, Chinyere and some other people aren't here"

"But if Chinyere comes, you'll be happy right?"Michelle wanted to know.

"No way! She's not invited, so she isn't coming "

"You invited her remember? "

"No I didn't! Well, I don't expect Ruby to tell her as its not important to them" Maria seemed to be enjoying herself.

Michelle shook her head "ain't we going in? "

"Oh, my bad.. "Maria giggled like a sewing machine. "Come on"she half dragged Michelle in.

If the exterior of the house was magnificent, the interior is magnificent, luxurious,awesome and amazing combined together.

It looked like Michelle was in a grand Palace.

Woah Maria, you never told me that you're a princess,She thought.

The house had only two colours, brown and purple but it still managed to look like a beautiful historical Palace.

Suddenly, a voice shouts "it's time to play a game!"

It was Paul, a well-known snub in the school.

"Maria? " for the third time that night, Michelle's mouth hung open in shock.

The reason for Michelle's shock was that Paul was one of the most popular people in the school.

Unlike chinyere, you have to get into Paul's bad book before he picks on you and once he starts to do so, you'll be forced to leave the school.

That's how bad Paul is. If only chinyere could get into Paul's bad book.

It's a 50/50 chance as Paul and chinyere were neither friends nor enemies.

"Michelle! "Maria yelled.

"What"she muttered.

" I was calling you since, you weren't answering me. what's wrong? You're overreacting "Maria looked extremely worried.

"Nah... I'm fine, what's Paul doing here? "

" what do you mean by that? everyone got invited,even though I didn't expect this much turn up. Paul volunteered to be the emcee and... "

"What! Are you kidding me?Maria I have a bad feeling about this.This is too much.first everyone shows up at your party, there's alcohol everywhere and Paul volunteered to be your MC no Maria, think" Michelle whispered furiously.

Maria's blood drained from her face as she suddenly seemed to return to her old self. " what are we going to do? " she asked Michelle frantically.

At that instant, four girls walked past them. " I don't even know why" the first girl said.

" what could she possibly want?why are they here? they don't even like them" another girl said.

" hehe this is going to be fun, I can't wait to see what will happen next" the first girl said excitedly. Even though the music was loud,Michelle and Maria didn't need to strain their ears to hear them.

"Excuse me Leah "Michelle said to the girl whose name she knew.

"Yeah? " Leah was the first girl.

" who are you talking about? who's here? "

" haven't you heard? " Leah looked like she was feeling important.

"Chinyere, Omar, Skyler, Ruby and Patricia arrived few minutes ago. They have turned the party into a pool party.Everyone is in their bath suits and chinyere is in her bikini"

"What! " Michelle screamed. She looked beside her because Maria was silent,but Maria was gone.This is bad she muttered and ran off.

Sorry for updating this chapter late. Been really busy but, I'll try to make up for it by releasing two chapters a day only if you vote, vote and vote. I also need to see the comments. Xoxo. 😘