Track 25

"So how did you and Rodney meet?" His mom asked as we walked around Dolphin Mall. "We met when I was in middle school, him and AJ used to come to my house and chill with my brothers. My freshman year it got around that I had a crush on him so we started talking. It didn't last long because he was talking to other girls and having sex and I wasn't into that kind of stuff."

"So how did you guys reconnect?" "We never stopped talking, we both agreed it wasn't working and we should just be friends." I shrugged. "But a couple of months ago he asked me on a date and asked me to be his girlfriend." "That's so cute." She cooed. "I'm just happy he's with you, it's like you've changed him for the better." "Thank you so much, I'm just happy I could be a positive impact in his life. I only want the best for him." I said in all honesty.

"I've never thought I'd see the day when my son fell in love." She giggled. "He would run through girls, show no emotions... he really used to scare me. He was letting his ignorant ass daddy get in his head like he did his brother." She shook her head. "We should have you over for dinner one day, I'm sure the rest of the family would love to meet you. Has he met your family?" She turned to me. "Yes ma'am, he met my dad, grandparents, and brothers. He hasn't met my mom and other grandma yet, they weren't invited... it's kinda a long story."

"Okay we'll I'm gonna set up a dinner for some time this week and I want you to bring your mom and grandma, I don't want any drama for your family so I'll set up a separate dinner for the rest of your family." "That'll be great." I smiled as we looked through the new collection at Micheal Kors. "So you plan on going to school down here."

      "I'm gonna be here in Florida but no Miami, I'm gonna be In Tallahassee. But there's a possibility I won't be going to FAM, I have other options." "How do you plan on paying for school if you don't mind me asking?" "Through CSAC and the rest with all the scholarship money I've earned." "Well baby I say go for it! Get the hell outta Compton, ain't nothing but violence. I'm happy that Rodney is following you here. I feel like one of my sons are safe, now I gotta worry about the other one." She shook her head.

      "I plan on going back to Cali once I graduate. I'm majoring in social work and minoring in business. I wanna open a center for the kids in the community, somewhat of a safe haven. Somewhere they can get free tutors, free meals, showers, clothes and shoes if needed, toiletries as well. I just want them to know someone is always here for them if they need them."

      "How many siblings do you have again?" "I have three big brothers and six younger siblings." I answered. "Well Indigo I just want you to know that your a great role model for those babies." She smiled. "I can hear in your voice and see it in your demeanor that your serious and your passionate about your dreams. I'm claiming it in Jesus name that all your prayers, wishes and dreams come true. Amen."

      "Thank you so much momma Delilah." We shopped around the mall for a few more minutes then we headed back to the hotel. When we got to the room Rod, his dad, his uncle , and  two cousins were counting big bags of money. "Just in time, we have a business meeting, get dressed." Alejandro said while still counting money. Momma Delilah grabbed her bags and walked in the direction of their room. "You too please." He took a break from counting and looked up at me. "Sorry." I shamefully smiled and quickly walked to my room.

      After taking a quick fifteen minute shower, I started moisturizing my body in Bath & Body works Coconut Palm body lotion. I went in my bag and pulled out a sky blue spaghetti strap dress with little yellow and white flowers. I slipped on my black strapless bra and the thong to match then I slipped on the dress. I put a little bit of baby oil on my heels then pulled out my yellow thong heels and put them on. After putting on my diamond necklace, bracket and ring Cuban link set I put on some diamond studs and Coconut Palm spray.

      I quickly flat ironed my hair and put it in a simple half up, half down with two strands hanging in my face. As I applied my clear lip gloss the door opened and Rod walked in. "Baby you re- damn you look good!" He admired me up and down. "Thank you my love." I walked over and pecked him on the lips then wiped the lip gloss off. "So where we going?" I asked as I put everything I needed into my yellow purse. "We meeting up with these potential business partners."

      "Umm and why I gotta be there?" "To make me look good." He out his Dior sneakers on. "Every business meeting I've ever been to my dad bought my mom and the people we we're meeting had their ladies." He shrugged. "Well how do I look, I look good? Cause I can change, I just bought some new stuff." I walked over to my shopping bags. "Baby you look gorgeous, trust me ain't nobody fucking with you." He walked over to me and grabbed me.

      We walked out the room and into the living room where everybody was waiting. Once making sure everyone looked good and had everything they needed we made our way to the elevators and into the lobby. Walking through the lobby we got a lot of stares, we were looking like a mob or something. When we got outside there was a limo waiting it front. "Mr. Colón, your ride is here sir." The valet guy said. The driver got out and opened the door.

      "A limo? Really Alejandro?" Momma Delilah asked with a knowing attitude. "Only the best for the  best." He laughed and slid in. Once everybody was inside the limo Alejandro started talking about the meeting. "Fellas when we get there we're gonna take a look at the club, make sure everything is up to date, we're going to look at its surroundings; what is it near, does it draw attention? And lastly we're gonna go over the books. We want to make sure they're bringing in enough money before we even think about going into business with them." The guys shook their heads in agreement.

      "And ladies, you guys just sit and look pretty." He smiled. "Of course my love." Momma Delilah fake smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "So Indigo, why Florida?" Alejandro suddenly asked. "Excuse me?" "You know for college, why Florida?" "It's not a guarantee I'm gonna come here, I got excepted to a lot of schools but I'm really leaning towards Florida, FAMU has great programs." "And what is it you want to do?" He clasped his hands together on his lap.

      "I want to be a social worker. I plan on majoring in social work and minoring in business, I want to open up a center for the kids in the community." "Like a YMCA? They have enough of those that they tear up every week." He chuckled. "Pops." Rod said sternly. "What? I'm just saying." He threw his hands up defensively. "No not like a YMCA, at my center they'll be provided with hot meals, hot showers, clothes, shoes, free tutoring; really anything you can think of. I plan on opening multiple centers throughout California."

      "Damn baby that's wassup." Rod said then kissed me. "Thank you baby." I smiled. "I believe your gonna do really great things in life." Momma Delilah smiled warmly at me. "Thank you." I smiled back. The rest of the ride everybody made small talk. "Ah Indigo we need to exchange numbers so we can arrange the dinner." Momma Delilah said and pulled her phone from her Chanel clutch. She handed me her phone and I put my name and number in it and gave it back.

      "What dinner?" Rod looked between the two of us. "The dinner for her and her family to meet you and your family." "I met her family." "Well with this dinner we're planning now it's just gonna be her mom, grandma and younger siblings." She explained. "Big T not coming?" Alejandro asked. "Well my family is kinda divided right now so my dad and grandparents can't be in the same room as my mom or all hell will break loose." I sorta explained.

      "Damn Kemesha and Tyrell broke up? I thought I'd never see the day, they were so in love." He shook his head. "Yeah." I sighed. "Shit happens." I shrugged. "So what are some food favorites for your mom and grandma?" Momma Delilah asked. "Grandma Lisa is from the south so they love southern food." "Okay southern food it is." She clasped her hands and smiled.

      "Remember we're just looking, we have more clubs to look at." Alejandro looked directly at Rod and said as we pulled in front of the club. Rod ignored him and opened the door and got out the limo. "Ugh this is gonna be a long day. Momma Delilah sighed and shook her head.

Hello guys, sorry it took so long for an update but I've been grieving. I feel a lot better now and I'll start back updating. Thank you all for being so patient and understanding.💜