Track 1

I think about us
(All day)
Dream about ya
(Always)
Love ain't always
(Complicated)
~ Nivea Complicated

"Cree...CREE!" My mother yells calling me by my middle name. "WHAT?" I yell from the living room trying to finish my report for English. "Your gonna watch them for me tonight right?" She asked coming in the living room looking like a hooker in red fishnet stockings, a tight red,white, and yellow dress that hugged her once beautiful body,white twelve inch heels, a bunch of knock off gold jewelry, glitter perfume, and a raggedy ass blonde wig to top off her ridiculous outfit. "I'm here ain't I?" I snap looking at my six younger siblings run around the filthy apartment.

"You don't gotta be so nasty towards me." My mom said as she picked up her red clutch and applied more makeup to her clown like face. "Well I'm sorry but I can't help it. As if it's not bad enough you walk around looking like a two dollah hoe, the kids at school tell me they see you standing on the corner where the other tricks be!" "Yeah well tell them damn kids to mind they own business."

She says as she walks over to the front door and leaves. All I could do was shake my head and continue writing my assignment. My name is Indigo (my mothers favorite color) Egypt Cree McAllister, I know it's a long name; my mom wanted my middle name to be Cree and my dad wanted Egypt so they decided to use both of them. I'm about 4'11, very deep rich smooth dark skin, and natural curly hair (purple and pink) that stops at my shoulders.I have round brown eyes and a full mouth with yellow braces attached to my teeth.

Oh yeah I'm a little on the "plus size" side , grandma says when I grow a little the weight will come off but I don't think so. "Indi me hungwy." My little brother Audrey said looking up at me with his big light brown eyes.I got up and walked in the kitchen to cook them something to eat but it was nothing but bread,cheese,milk,and some mystery meat stuck together in the freezer.I hurried and cleaned the apartment then called my best friend Raheem to watch the kids for me.Raheem and I have been best friends since we were in the fifth grade, were in the twelfth grade now.

Raheem is about 6'3, dark skin, shoulder length dreads that girls just loveeee to play with, gold teeth,and tattoos. Speaking of tattoos, Raheem surprised me for my birthday by getting my name tattooed on his for arm with a green heart, so I went and got Raheems name on my back with a green heart as well (our favorite color). I also have a heart shaped peace sign on my ankle meaning peace and love. After a couple minutes there's a knock on the door *boom baboom boom baboom boom* Raheem does his signature knock. I open the door and let him in.

"Wassup lil one?" "I need you to watch them while I go get them something to eat." Raheem looks at me like I'm crazy. "Why you ain't just ask me to get them something to eat? You know I don't mind." I take him in the kitchen and show him there's no food at all. "Damn." He said while shaking his head. "Yeah." I rolled my eyes.

I went into my mothers room and called this boy name Rodney, he graduated high school last year now he sells drugs. He has a sweet spot for me so of course he answers when I call. "Wassgood shorty?" "I need a ride to the grocery store please? I'm at my moms house." "Bet, I'll be there soon." He hangs up the phone. I look in the mirror at the black shirt that reads "Black Lives Matter" that I cut up. Now it hangs off the shoulder and shows skin.

"I'm outside." Rodney said as soon as I answered the phone. I slip on my PINK slides, grab my purse making sure I have my wallet and head for the door. "I'll be back soon, I love y'all" and I dipped outside and over to Rodneys' black Benz truck. "Where we headed?" "Walmart." I said looking at his cute face. Rodney is the color of the palm of my hand with deep dimples, perfect white teeth, big juicy pink lips, tattoos scattered across his body and the prettiest greyish blue eyes I've ever seen.